Week 9: Pantry/Closets Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh dear my pantry really needs a week or more. lol

Thanks aggy for keeping us in line and on tme.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Again, this week is focussing on lots of fall jobs to get done, as the pantry space is fairly ok. Holiday prep, especially crafting, is the major disaster zone!!

[] Sort paperwork in basket
[] Clean all airvents upstairs
[] Check smoke alarm batteries
[] Sweep chimney
[] Order coal for Friday delivery
[x][x][x] Book dentist checkups
[] Book eye exam (me)
[] Wash dressing gowns
[x] Organise creche for DD for mid-term
[x] Organise golf lesson for DH and I on weekend away
[/] Organise car space at work for me - sent an email and now waiting for decision

[x] Finalise holiday location decision
[] Finish 3 crayon rolls
[xxxx] Work on cross stitch decoration
[] Work on knitting blanket
[x] Check master budget/gifts list
[x][] Buy 2 gifts
[][][] Wrap gifts finished (I have 5 ready to wrap now)
[] Write 5 cards
[x] Decorate house for Halloween
[] Make 1 holiday goodie
[] Make 1 freezer meal
[] Put away 2 extra goodwill foods
[x] Book DD into Santa party at work

I did make some progress yesterday though, and have a couple of quiet nights to get back on track this week. And I am getting a good few "organisational" type tasks accomplished too, like booking appointments.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Can't believe how time is flying! I think everyone must be really busy right now because posts have dropped off :)

I am treating this week as week 2 of Kitchen Week and will address the downstairs Pantry area as well.

I do the closets in a room when I do that room/area on the HGP.

HGP Cleaning Tasks To Do List:

[ ] Clean Out/Organize large open utensil drawer - Talked to DH last night about buying/rigging up dividers so that I can keep this drawer in better order. Will try to push to make that happen this week!!!

[ ] Clean ceiling fan

[ ] Dust top of cabinets/for any cobwebs, etc.

[ ] OPTIONAL - Have DH take down decorative chair railing trim from tops of cabinets - time permitting

[ ] Clean door/door window/kitchen window

[ ] Wipe down blinds for both windows

[ ] Clean out/Reorganize cups/glasses cupboard

[ ] Clean out fridge

[ ] Clean bottom of freezer (spilled cornmeal - ugh!)

[ ] Spot clean fronts of cabinets as needed (I've been wiping down the front of at least one cabinet or appliance after doing the dishes each night - which has helped tremendously!)

[ ] Clean baseboards

[ ] Vaccuum/Mop

[ ] Pull any home canned items that are older than 2 yrs from pantry - empty and wash jars

[ ] Pack up empty jars in boxes for storage

[ ] Dust pantry shelves

[ ] Dust/Reorganize non-food free standing pantry shelf (take inventory too!)

Holiday Prep:

[ ] Make one batch of Holiday Goodies - Will pick up ingredients at store to make at least one batch of cookie dough this week!
[X] Make one extra meal for freezer again - DONE!
[ ] Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
[ ] Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts.
[ ] Wrap and label packages
[X_ _ _ _ _ _]Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts
[X] Start addressing Christmas cards - Cards are DONE!
[ ] Find family photo suitable for inclusion with Christmas card - Will need to find our collection of Christmas "hats" and do a photo session with DS!!! The best one will be for our cards this year!
[ ] Buy extra batteries (check gifts) - Will be making a trip to Sam's Club soon and will put batteries on the list
[ ] Order turkey - We won't be hosting Thanksgiving, but I'll watch for good deals on frozen turkeys anyway!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
If I EVER finish renovations - what will I do with all my time? :/

Found an interesting pull out pantry for beside the fridge - just need to figure out how to make it!

We have no closets in our home yet - Our home is 104 ish years old.
We have plans to build a walk-in pantry beside the laundry room - with space to store two deep freezes. But this is way down the list - after the main floor, upstairs, attic, garage rebuild...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Updates!!! :)

HGP Cleaning Tasks To Do List:

[X] Clean Out/Organize large open utensil drawer - DH whipped up dividers and this drawer is ROCKIN' now! Got rid of a few things I never use and all the commonly used items are front and center and easy to get to now. Should have taken before and after pics!!!

[X] Clean ceiling fan - I picked out an old ugly pillowcase and used it to "dust" off each fan blade, letting the dust fall into the pillowcase as I went. Then I took the whole thing outside and turned it inside out and shook! The pillowcase went in the cleaning rags pile for washing and re-use on the living room fans next week! :)

[ ] Dust top of cabinets/for any cobwebs, etc.

[ ] OPTIONAL - Have DH take down decorative chair railing trim from tops of cabinets - time permitting

[ ] Clean door/door window/kitchen window

[ ] Wipe down blinds for both windows

[X] Clean out/Reorganize cups/glasses cupboard - Took several things out that we never use or baby related items we just don't use anymore and it is SO much nicer now. Love it!

[X] Clean out fridge - DS kept trying to "help" me by closing the fridge door - lol - but I managed to get through it all. So happy to have this done!

[ ] Clean bottom of freezer (spilled cornmeal - ugh!)

[X] Spot clean fronts of cabinets as needed (I've been wiping down the front of at least one cabinet or appliance after doing the dishes each night - which has helped tremendously!)

[ ] Clean baseboards

[ ] Vaccuum/Mop

[X] Pull any home canned items that are older than 2 yrs from pantry - empty and wash jars

[ ] Pack up empty jars in boxes for storage - They are all sitting on the laundry counter - just starting at me every time I walk by! Yipe!

[ ] Dust pantry shelves

[ ] Dust/Reorganize non-food free standing pantry shelf (take inventory too!)

Holiday Prep:

[/] Make one batch of Holiday Goodies - Will pick up ingredients at store to make at least one batch of cookie dough this week! - I've got the ingredients - now I just have to make up and flash freeze the dough!

[X] Make one extra meal for freezer again - DONE!

[ ] Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).

[ ] Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts.

[ ] Wrap and label packages

[XXXX _ _ _]Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts - So far on track, have spent 1+ hours a night

[X] Start addressing Christmas cards - Cards are DONE!

[ ] Find family photo suitable for inclusion with Christmas card - Will need to find our collection of Christmas "hats" and do a photo session with DS!!! The best one will be for our cards this year!

[ ] Buy extra batteries (check gifts) - Will be making a trip to Sam's Club soon and will put batteries on the list

[ ] Order turkey - We won't be hosting Thanksgiving, but I'll watch for good deals on frozen turkeys anyway!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I haven't made huge progress on "THE LIST" since I updated it earlier this week, but I did organise my massage for the weekend, DH did a HUGE grocery stores shop yesterday (he unexpectedly found out on Wed that he was going North for a meeting, so told me to give him the list, so I did - I culled it a bit but didn't have a lot of time and I had bought a fair bit of the bits since, but I found spaces for everything and now shouldn't need much non-fresh groceries for the next 2-3 months). And I got the dark green on my holly leaves Xstitch ornament almost done (only second half of 2nd leaf to do) - so I will bring that with me for the weekend.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Final Update:

[X] Pack up empty jars in boxes for storage

[ ] Dust pantry shelves - Not done yet but I did buy swiffer refills! lol

[X] Dust/Reorganize non-food free standing pantry shelf (take inventory too!)

Holiday Prep:

[/] Make one batch of Holiday Goodies - have dough in fridge, need to roll out

[X] Buy extra batteries (check gifts)