Week Twelve - Attic/Storage Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Week Twelve!!!

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/holiday-grand-plan/attic-storage-week

The attic is the designated cleaning area this week on the HGP. We haven't seen alot of posts in this area lately, but just in case anyone is still plugging away, I thought I would start this week's thread.

I know it is getting down to the wire now! Yipe!

Holiday Prep:

[ ] Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
[ ] Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
[ ] Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
[ ] Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
[ ] Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
[ ] Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
[ ] Make place cards.
[ ] Make 3x5 card for each serving dish, list what goes in it, garnish, how much before dinner can it go in and serving silverware used with it; tape it to edge of dish.
[ ] Be sure all dishes are clean!
[ ] Borrow or buy any additional serving dishes needed.
[ ] Buy reusable foil bakeware from party paper place.
[ ] Are linens clean and ready? Unfold and verify that all spots can be hidden by centerpiece.
[ ] Work on centerpiece.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am subbing out this week on the plan again!

This week I tackle the downstairs hallway/closet/laundry room area! :)

HGP Cleaning Tasks

[X] Empty, clean and refill (organized this time) downstairs closet
[ ] Empty, clean and refill laundry cupboard
[ ] Dust (including wire rack over washer/dryer)
[ ] Wipe down all surfaces, appliances, etc.
[ ] Vacuum and mop

All I can say is that I really need HGP Catchup weeks and Maintenance weeks to do some of the stuff I've been skipping! lol

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Yes, I am so busy pluggin away I need air! :)

My attic will be converted to an eldest sons room - within the next few months. We are hoping to complete the bones of the job before spring - and in the spring do the drywall sanding (when we can open a window or three).

Right now it is empty!

Need to go into the storage and organize as much as I can get to this week. DH has most of the space stuffed with builing supplies and lumber to work on the other projects - my boxes are NOT where they used to be.

This Friday we are picking up and mailing all out of town gifts.
Still working on cards for family, and friends.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Today I have to descend into the storage area to haul out some Christmas crafts. All the Christmas tubs are in one place. It's just all the other junk is all over so I have to move the junk to get to what I want. Will be a good time to organize a little. I think I'll strap on some knew protectors since it's either kneel or bend half over to work in there. lol

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am making some progress on certain areas, and still plugging away on the Holiday prep tasks.

So far this week, I managed to :
Clear out and sort my entire wardrobe (including drawers)
Make 1 extra meal for freezer (smaller portion left than expected, but enough for us)
Bought some wine to have on hand for holiday season
Almost finished the Xstitch ornament for my Granmother (sewing done, just need to mount it)
Bought the gift for my Secret Santa sibling
Bought a "pre-Christmas distraction" activity book for DD (A Horrid Henry book with lots of activities rather than a story)
Got the posting dates for overseas cards and packages - now I know what I need to work to
Continued with the plans for our "Open House" on afternoon of 26th
Did some more wrapping

A couple of other jobs I want to do this week are:
Do some machine sewing (weekend)
Start writing cards
Clear off one pile of papers in Sitting room
Get a few more bottles wine using vouchers
Remember to do weekly grocery shop in small local store (good money off coupon there)

And find some time to do a family outing over the weekend too - before DH heads back overseas next weekend again.