Week Two - Calendar and Creativity

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

keepermom

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ohio
I had an iphone list app on my ipod touch and it DID crash. I had most of it online. But, I lost some of my holiday stuff. The dern app is now sitting there empty and I don't think I'm putting anything back on it because the whole thing kinda ticked me off. :mad:

We use an app called cozi. It saves everything online so if the app crashes, you don't lose anything. You can also have a family account so that if I add something to the grocery shopping list at home dh can see it on his phone at the store. It will text you when you have an appointment if you set it up to remind you. We really like it!

dh was off work yesterday and I didn't get anything done around here - never do when he's off. ds1 took his permit test and failed it so he was bummed yesterday. ds2 went job hunting yesterday and will be filling out applications online today. Hoping he gets something soon!

Today I need to kick it into gear and get some stuff done around the house before all my workers take off this afternoon!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
We use an app called cozi. It saves everything online so if the app crashes, you don't lose anything. You can also have a family account so that if I add something to the grocery shopping list at home dh can see it on his phone at the store. It will text you when you have an appointment if you set it up to remind you. We really like it!

dh was off work yesterday and I didn't get anything done around here - never do when he's off.

Same thing when my DH is home -- it's like having an extra kid underfoot. ;-) My yesterday got blown too (sick kids). I have my critical lists in Excel and backed up on Carbonite but the phone app is unprotected.....well, yesterday I learned I can back it up if I use a homebrew app (jailbreak) so I'm considering that. I have a Palm so jailbreaking is allowed, but I'd have to read up on how to do it. And what a coincidence, I was actually online on YouTube yesterday checking out Cozi as a potential replacement to Agendus which is my calendar (and the family calendar and also not backed up though I maintain a duplicate in Gmail just in case). Liked a lot of the features. Wish it had an icon option in month view so there's not so many words (like a simple soccer image instead of typing out the word). Maybe they'd add that if I ask them? :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
we use cozi also, at least for the calendar. I do't do the list often. It's nice and love how it can text DH and remind him of my work schedule

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
The crash thing was probably my fault I must have had 30 lists on that app. Some of them were big detailed lists, too. I had a list of movies I wanted to see that wasn't anywhere online because if I would see a trailer or hear somebody talking about one I would just add it to the list. Not earth shattering; but, knowing that my ipod is at full capacity I should have backed every list up online. Thanks everyone. I will definitely check into that cozi app. I think I am going to have to take some of my music off until I can get a bigger ipod. I use the apps WAY more than the music anyway and I could make do with probably half of the 500 songs I have on there.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
It's Sunday and my week was completely utterly derailed with the sick kids, first week of school, unexpected doctor appts for me as well, wifi issues,... But I got some done. I'm going to give it a couple hours today and see if I can get caught up. Then its down to the river for us. It's supposed to be a cooker today! (Weird weather for September. Maybe an Indian Summer?) Will update later today on Week 2 and then tomorrow is Monday and its on to Week 3.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I finished up my last two tasks for this week.

My work space has been cleaned off and is ready for card making, gift wrapping etc.

All of my Christmas card supplies are in one place and ready to be used. For some reason I got it in my head that I might not have enough.

Ha!!

I have enough to last me the next ten years!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Nothing like the first week of school to throw me entirely off track. Here's for last week.

FlyLady - Kitchen on track.
Plan holiday travel -- Flights booked.
Home Improvement: Painted a new color in tub area of the Master Bath -- much better!!
Craft Declutter -- Purged the big drawer (the catch-all) in craft room.
Begin a "Gifts to Make" list -- Decided to avoid making them. Done!

NEED TO CATCH UP:
Update calendars.
Inventory unfinished projects
Need to go back to week 1 as my desk is now totalled with all the school papers coming in!