Weekly Craft Challenges Aug 17-23

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Once again hope no one minds me starting. Now that things are settling down with racing season ending in two weeks for at least a couple of weeks, then is starting to work on updating resume and getting ready for next years season.

I have figured out I can work on quite a few different things while sitting at football and cheerleading practices since I am there for 21/2 hours four days a week.

FIRST THING THAT MUST BE DONE IS EMMA'S BLANKET SHE WAS A MONTH OLD ON SATURDAY. Should have been done in June

Other things that need to be done
Ryan's fleece blanket
Ken's fleece blanket (should have been done in May)
Put together and start decorating gingerbread house
snowmen garland
Halloween sign
plastic canvas village
2nd plastic canvas village

Ok now want to really see how much crafting I can get in this week. For me its crunch time.

artchick2002

Retire Member
Aug 10, 2008
El Mirage, AZ
createeachday.blogspot.com
Goals for the week:

1) Get boys birthday invitations finished and mailed (*make matching thank you cards) (X)
2) Work on birthday decoration (X)
3) Make Halloween haunted houses
4) Halloween "Raven" finished
5) (If felt I ordered arrives) Make felt board for the boys (X)
6)**Make a dent in the disaster that is my studio!!!

It seems like a lot, but I usually get into the studio each night for about 3-4 hrs (sometimes more if I get on a roll and forget to sleep!!). This is in addition to other art/craft obligations that I need to get done.

Edited to add** I forgot how distracted I am this week, due to the Olympics!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am working alittle on a few different things. I have my family to make items for and then I turn around and join swaps!!!!

How is Dreamer getting along? Haven't heard from her lately.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Good news I finished 2 no sew blankets for Christmas gifts bad news: which I posted in different section- I cut an extra corner so now I have a 4 inch section on the blanket with no fringe and not closed.

What would you do? I kept the corner and extra fleece- would fabric glue hold??

:thud:

Rest of this week I want to take a look at my remaining crafts for the year and prioritize those

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Last week, I got one of the bookmarks finished that I was cross stitching. This a.m. before work, I started one for my son in law; it will have the name of his alma mater, Purdue. I hope to finish it by the weekend so I can start sewing. Oh, and I also found the small 3" embroidery hoops last week at an antique mall for the grandkids Christmas ornaments. So I need to get those put together too. Please God, give me energy to get these additional things done. :0)

:bigsnow:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ha this was my list but what did I complete NOTHING at all. I have the time just no desire to get things done for some strange reason. In my defense I have been really paying attention to practices trying to relearn the game its been many years since my brothers played and just didn't relize how much I had forgotten. School starts here a week from yesturday then I think I will have a little more time.FIRST THING THAT MUST BE DONE IS EMMA'S BLANKET SHE WAS A MONTH OLD ON SATURDAY. Should have been done in June

Other things that need to be done
Ryan's fleece blanket
Ken's fleece blanket (should have been done in May)
Put together and start decorating gingerbread house
snowmen garland
Halloween sign
plastic canvas village
2nd plastic canvas village

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thats alright Kim. You have to be in the mood to do the crafting also. Sometimes I do better under pressure knowing the time is HERE! I still have to see what needs done. I joined a few swaps so have to do those. Will need to be deciding on what to make. We are 85-90% done in garage so ....