Welcome to 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome to Magical Holiday Home and 2010...yes I know it's still 2009 but the new year is just around the corner....and somehow I always feel as if it starts right after Christmas...

There is much to look forward to in 2010.....I am going to learn more about these new boards....still haven't figured out the similies.....and man do I miss them!!!! But over all the new boards are great expecially in the area of security...no more being bombarded with hundreds of bogus acounts. Jeff is also going to help us get a little bit more of a Christmasy look around here....(in his spare time...lol).

I am going to be here more often posting and getting things rolling. 2009 found me distracted for a lot of reasons and when Christmas rolled around this year...I could really tell a difference.....so back on the organizing and year round holiday prep band wagon I go....Can I be honest...??? One of the reasons I was absent is because I got so "disorganized" that it felt bad to come here and see all the great ideas etc and NOT be doing them...LOL....so getting things organized in my life is a priority for 2010....I'm not going to stress out trying to do it ALL.....I'll just pick the things that I feel are most important.

The good news is....we had a blast with the Magic Elf this year with Evan and the holidays were very nice.....despite me feeling like Christmas with the Kranks (that part where they are throwing everything together to get ready for the daughter to arrive....they are decorating, cooking, baking cookies, wrapping gifts etc...all at once...lol that was me!!! But it happened!!!!

I'm going to be working with a group of wonderful members to add and enhance our mods here at MHH...because I find that I need balance....between being here writing about stuff.....and actually DOING the stuff I write about...so the many hands will keep the workload light and also allow me to do the things that I need to do around the house AND enjoy the company of the best members on the internet (each of you!!) My goal is for there to always be something fun and interesting going on here at MHH....all of 2010....

Welcome to all our new members...2009 was a record holiday season for us here....lots of new members and a ton of visitors.....the door of Magical Holiday Home is always open...Come in and visit, get some ideas, be inspired, but most importantly....take a little piece of what you find here....and create some magic in your own life, with your own family and friends!!!!

Last edited:

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
So glad you had a very Merry Christmas Ginger! Thanks again for everything you do!! :)

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I can relate to what you say about not doing and being here where so many are doing. I felt that too. I look forward to 2010 as well!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I can relate Gingerbug. This was a hard year, and I kind of gave up on the Christmas planning. What a difference the planning makes. I felt so unorganized that I already started putting together my book for 2010.
I forgot how chaotic the holidays can be without a little advance planning. Here's to 2010 being the best holiday season yet!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for taking care of us Ginger! I can't wait to have you here more often ... we did miss you! (and Frostyshimmer!).

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Ginger, you just have no idea how much better you made me feel about 2009! I appreciate your honesty, and I am working hard to get back on the MHH track too..here's to a great new decade!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks for sharing Ginger. 2009 was kinda rough around my house. I hope to be organized enough in 2010 I can get to the boards more often. I hope 2010 is a good year for all of us and our family and friends.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
2010 is going to be great year. We have so much to look forward to. I am so excited about sharing the journey with you all.

Jhoelle

MHH Member
Oct 25, 2007
I lurk more than I post but I am very excited to welcome in the New Year. I was very distracted in 2009 and am ready to be more focused in 2010. Thank you for all the inspiration on this board, I look forward to posting more often!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
We are in 2010 now and have a great New Year´s Party here.
Wish you all a Happy New Year with good health. Enjoy your party.

And thanks again to this wonderful group for all your great ideas.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Guess what? For the first time ever. I have a Christmas present brought for the next year before the next year has even begun LOL Bought a tote for my DIL at Walmart tonight. These are nice, big totes & they have went down to $2

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Ginger Thankyou so much for all your hard work and Honesty.

I am known as the Christmas Fairy at work with my Christmas Countdown on my desk and i started off well....... then i found that i was getting behind everyone else but didn't want to admit it!

The debrief here was great for me when i realised that others too had not 'pulled it all off' i felt so much better!

Pamelajane

Patricia

Retire Member
Looking forward to 2010! Christmas 2009 was the best one we've had in years, but still I didn't feel prepared (and I know my home could've been cleaner!). What an improvement over past years, though...so thankful I'm here with all of you!!

sabelannbell

Retire Member
Jan 27, 2010
im new to this forum

hi my name is sabelann, i found organized christmas.com a couple yrs ago and try to keep up with it when it starts in august, but by the time i get to sept i'm so far behind its not funny, so i think i will try it this way in janurary and see what happens. i live in pa so some of the rooms that is on organizedchristmas,com i cant do and have to wait awhile, so maybe this yr will be the yr i get organized

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Welcome Sabelannbell! So glad you are joining us eary this year! Feel free to leave a message in the welcome thread as well if you have not already done so - you'll get to meet a lot of us that way!