What gift would YOU like for 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
One year dh gave me kitchen knives for a gift. So the next holiday I gave him bath towels using his reasoning: we need and use them so they were a great gift.

I do have a rule about gifts. I do not want something that makes me work or something for the house. These things should not be a substitute for a gift.

Only exception I make to this rule is if I want something that is more expensive than what is needed. I needed a hand held mixer. I wanted a Kitchen Aid but really had no need of one. So the Kitchen Aid came as a gift.

This made me smile!
My Mother-in-law is a real pain to buy for because she doesn't DO anything! Doesn't read or craft - she does garden but is really pernicity about what she has - so one year when she mentioned she needed some new crockery I said I was happy to get something a little more special than you would ordinarily buy as her Birthday/Christmas gift.
She went loopy! "Oh NO! I don't want household things for a present!" :)

One year I got a new ironning board for Mothers day, we REALLY needed one, and it made my life MUCH easier, I was over the moon but she thought it was awful! Lol!
I did manage to persuade her that my Father-in-law painting my bedroom ceiling as a surprise birthday present was a good idea one year though! (I got in from work to discover him halfway though painting after I'd jokingly said it was the only thing I wanted! Lol!)
AM

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Caitsmum my MIL is the same! she doesn't DO anything... very hard to buy for (no gardening, no reading, no listening to tv, no listening to music, no perfume, no jewels, no puzzles, don't buy clothes for nothing - always wear the same ones, no need for new pots, pans & otherwise, no skin creams, no NOTHING!). We end up giving her $$ or else DH does some repairs on her house.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Aprons! I have to add them to my list.

I keep a list just for those moments when people ask what I want. I can't think of a thing when they ask. Now I just call up my list. They might not get something on my list but it gives them ideas.

WideEyes

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
What I'd like for Christmas:
An apron
A stainless steel tea kettle.
Cookware
Bag for my dvd video camera
Laptop bag

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My want list so far...

* Books (I keep an Amazon.ca wishlist for those)
* Fisherman's Wool x2- nature's brown or maple tweed
* Hallmark Seasons Treatings 2010 ornament (I have 2009, first of series)
* Yankee tea lights: mandarin-cranberry, Christmas wreath or MacIntosh
* stackable cooling racks
* Smartwool running socks

candycane

Retire Member
Oct 7, 2008
Kentucky,USA
www.teresascrafts.etsy.com
At this point all I want for christmas this year is happiness for my family. We just got moved to Monticello Kentucky and we are having a very rough time. We are used to a bigger city with a mall and restaurants, familliar people, places and friends etc., and here we have nothing. They do have a small walmart, burger king, mcdonalds, hardees, and wendys other than that it's basically farmland.

It's a pretty place but we are really having a tough time with such a big change. I've never felt so isolated in my life! Hopefully things will get better in a couple of months.

TerryMaine

Retire Member
Oct 10, 2008
Aww, Candycane, I do wish you happiness and contentment in your new home for Christmas this year. I remember when we were new where we live and the "culture shock" was devastating at first. I know it is for you and your family right now.
I don't know what your family likes to do, but when you get ready to do some exploring there is Mammoth Cave and Daniel Boone Forest. I don't mean to sound like a tourism
commercial, but my sister lived in Lexington, Ky for quite a few years.
Just trying to cheer you up a little......
TerryMaine

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Me I don't want material things really if I want it I go buy it or my mom buys it for me. Not that I ask for alot anyways.

What I want is to never hear again that their was a shooting at a pop warner field that we just visited the week before (I live 30 miles north of Syracuse and their crime is terrible.)

I also never again to have one of my children come home from school and say that another of thier friends have cancer. It is a terrible word that my children know quite well. My 15 year old has lost two friends to it and we are Tugging for one right now that just had a Bone Marrow Transplant last Friday which is his last chance. Plus a highschool friend of mine is loosing her 15 yr old to an uncurable cancer. I want to never have to go to a benfit for another child with cancer. I also want to never have to go to another cancer walk in memory of a child lost to cancer with my children, in friends memories.

Thats all I want for Christmas

Also my mom will tell each one of us exactly what she wants for Christmas will also tell us where from for the best price. Heck she will even go pick it up for us and we give her the money for it.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
KimD that's horrible so so many young people your family knows has cancer. how sad.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
KimD...it's amazing how the big C can put things in perspective. Thank you for the reminder that life is the most precious gift.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Colleen yes life is the most precious gift of all. I say that sitting here thinking if I should tell my 15yr old that their is a great possobilty that she may loose yet another friend and classmate to the worst word in the world.

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
My wants this year are:
Movies: Eclipse, Toy Story 3 and Letters to Juliet
Books
Shoes
Make-up
Perfume

My needs are the same this year as every year:
Pay CASH for Christmas!!!!!
Make both my kids happy on Christmas morning!