What is your go to?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Warm Food Ideas

Anything made in a crockpot - as already mentioned. In particular you can search for "freezer to crockpot" meals if you want to go that route.

I also have a couple of great mac and cheese recipes where you don't have to cook the noodles before you put them in the crockpot - not heating up the kitchen boiling water for the pasta! Win! win!

Instant Pot / Pressure Cookers are another excellent option! I am still learning to use mine but there is a TON of info / recipes out there. I frequently throw in frozen chicken breasts + some water and cook on HIGH for 20-22 minutes. I let it sit 10 minutes after it is done, vent it manually, then shred, cube or slice the meat before freezing.

Making refried beans is also very easy in the Instant Pot! Especially if you have an immersion blender!

Air Fryer!!! This is such a handy device! We use ours all the time. Great for cooking anything "fried" from frozen - think breaded chicken patties or shrimp, cheese sticks, etc. You can cook anything in it really - even burger patties, chicken breast - but I prefer grilling those! You can make pretty decent corn on the cob in the air fryer! The possibilities are endless! We have a small one which I think I am going to retire to the camper and get a larger one for every day use.

Strategic Grill Time - What is the coolest part of the day? Can you use that time - even just on the weekends - to grill up batches of things you like - chicken breasts, etc. Then use the Air Fryer and/or Microwave to reheat from fridge or even the freezer.

Cold Food Ideas

Love all the suggestions already made! One other I thought of:

Pico de Gallo - I make up a big batch and it lasts several days to a week.

Guacamole - Mash avocado or pre-purchase mashed (like Wholly Guacamole brand) and mix in as much pico as desired - BAM - add chips and you have a party!

Last edited:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I know what salad has been on my list for awhile and I haven't made it this year.
From teachermomof2- It was one with a dressing that you combine bbq sauce and ranch.
I make a BLT Pasta Salad with the bbq and ranch….so good! I usually add chicken to romaine, tomatoes, bacon, croutons, bow tie pasta and the bbq ranch dressing. So yummy!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like to keep precooked chicken slices in the freezer, Take chicken breast, slice across to get 3 to 4 slices, season and cook. Flash freeze and then place in the freezer. Perfect to reheat for sandwiches, salads etc.

If I know we are getting a heat wave I will or grill a big batch of chicken legs and thighs. make a big batch of macaroni salad and or a cold corn salad that we can pick at for a few days.

Meatballs, sloppy joes and tacos are other great make a head and freeze, reheats quickly.
Great ideas. I will make a note on my shopping list to purchase chicken for this purpose. I can see this being very versatile.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I make a BLT Pasta Salad with the bbq and ranch….so good! I usually add chicken to romaine, tomatoes, bacon, croutons, bow tie pasta and the bbq ranch dressing. So yummy!
Lisa, this sounds delicious. I think this would be a hit.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, thank you for all of these suggestions. I have both an intant pot and an air fryer. I will sit down in the next short while and look for some recipes.

• Love
Reactions: AuntJamelle