What is your reason for not starting a notebook this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
well I tore mine apart to re organize it (along with all my other binders....ughh).

I think it has to do with my eternal strive for perfection!!

Since my move from NY to FL 2 years ago I have felt like my life has been turned upside down and more chaotic than ever. With the limited space I have here at my dad's I feel like clutter has surrounded me. I am slowly trying to get out of my clutter zone and once I do that then my Binders will be re assembled one at a time.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmascreations -- you feel like your life has been turned upside down BECAUSE your life HAS been turned upside down!!! You completely changed your living arrangements. And you added a lot of important relationships into your life (like your Dad and all your extended family in Florida). PLUS you are working so many hours. Plus, your boys are involved in sports (a very good thing!) which takes lots of time and logistics.

Everyone's life is at different stages. The ENTIRE time my three children were growing up, I basically DID NOT DO housework!!! There was no time. Oh, I did laundry (lots) and cooking and dishes. And lots of stash and dash. I worked and drove the kids around to activities all the time.

And you know what -- I do not regret one single minute of living in the chaos!! I really hate chaos. BUT - it was more important to do the things I did with my children - instead of housework. I am sure that plenty of people could handle it all, and keep the house great. I couldn't. And I didn't. And NOW - that it is all past - I don't care. I was with all three children together recently. We were talking about their growing up years. My failings are evident to everyone. I started to apologize and one of the children said, "That doesn't matter, mom. What if you hadn't loved us enough? THAT would have mattered."

:grouphug: thanks SparkleNana!! Sometimes a single mom needs some words of encouragement and those were great!!!

I sometimes feel I am not doing enough to have a functional home and that my boys will suffer because of it. They are certainly taken care of and most importantly loved and that is what is most important in the long run. The dirty dishes might not be cleaned until the next day but the only one worrying over it is ME not them. They have great grades in school and more "things" than they need on top of it all so if our house isn't perfect oh well-we'll survive....lol

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I put off starting a notebook because I thought I didn't need one. Boy was I wrong! I hate to think of having a Holiday without my notebooks now. So much easier.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I started one for organizational purposes. It's great to have everything in one place and I can go in it whenever I need and find exactly what I want. I can't believe I was using manila folders before.