What to buy a 12 year old girl...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
:help: We just got the info on the family we are "adopting" this Christmas. I am resposible for the 12 year old girl. Yikes! All the family asked for was clothing for each of their children, but we always buy a few toys as well so there is something fun under their tree.

I don't know any interests as we go through a 3rd party to set this up. Anyone have any ideas?

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Toe socks, necklace, watch, gloves, body wash, soft sweater, nail polish, sented chap sticks, slippers, fuzzy socks, hair items, chocolate!
I hope those ideas help. :package:

scrapbookmommy

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
My DD is 11 and she enjoys any kind of craft kit (especially scrapbooking), makeup and lotions, purses, Tomagotchi's (? sp.), board games, puzzles, and books. Maybe you could get her a walkman or something. I bet with the popularity of MP3 players now you can probaly get the just plain radio walkmans fairly cheap. One year I bought a small plastic tote and filled it with all kinds of arts and crafts supplies for my DD and that was a big hit.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Thanks everyone! I will definitely look into some of your ideas. My daughter is only 8 and I don't really know anyone with a girl this age. Plus not knowing any interests or hobbies since the parents only requested clothes, I was a little stumped.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
When I was 12 I really liked things that where JUST mine, journal with special glitter pens, stickers and lip gloss, bubble bath and a charm bracelet and chocolate from Laura Secord! :grin:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am going on what my 12 yr old likes. Books, craft kits or supplies, art supplies, jewerly, makeup (light colors only allowed), purses, diary, pens, pens and more pens every color every style (felt tip, ball point, gel, glitter)

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
pens really seems to be a theme. i guess i will have to make sure i pick some up for her!
thanks!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Something I just thought of that ds11 did for dd12 last year. He decorated pens for her. He took regular bic pens and made one into a candycane with red and white pipecleaners. He rolled one in glue and then glitter and another one he glued then taped feathers around. She loves these pens and uses them very rarely because she doesn't want the ink to run out on them. They usually just sit in her pen holder on her desk. I don't know if she likes them just because he made them or what

ripleysmine

Retire Member
Nov 10, 2007
Cute ideas! I like the ideas for light colored makeup and journals. Hair items are always good here. And the toe socks, that is a great idea!!

lillyrose

Retire Member
Nov 21, 2007
I found some scented pens last year that were a big hit with pre-teen girls AND boys. They had Disney characters on them and scents like grape, orange and pineapple!