What to put in those little mesh bags?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
WalMart had a bunch of little drawstring fabric bags for 75% off today. They're maybe two or three inches across the bottom, and maybe 4 inches long, and are see-through fabric. These had Christmas beads dangling from the bottom. They're so CUTE, and I know they'd be perfect for something, but I couldn't think of a specific reason to buy them. What would you put in these as a gift? All I could think of was:

Little candies, home made or store bought
Small votive candles
Small picture frame

What else could you do with these? I'd hate to think of some GREAT gift idea a month from now and be kicking myself for not buying these! ;-)

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
A friend made bracelets for several people for Christmas and put those in little bags like you described. So...jewelry

Lou

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Bathbombs
Bathbeads
Bathsalts

Tea (loose or bagged), or packets or cocoa

Hairbarrets or other hair doo dads for a little girl

Giftcard

Potpourri (use as a sachet for the drawer)

Chocolate coins

Mini ink pens or sharpies (maybe for a teacher?)

Stickers (for a childs bday party)

Tiny jar of jam

Lottery ticket

Nail polish, emery board

Trial size lotions

:heartsNY:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
One of my SIL's mothers used to make up treat bags useing the fabric bags in different colors for the kids for different holidays and such.

chrisaholic

Retire Member
Nov 24, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
I've used them to put small gifts in such as a Christmas ornament, christmas jewelry, or makeup. Some of the gifts were expensive...some not, but it made all of the gifts look special!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I used them one time as favors for a birthday party. I put a hand beaded bracelet in each one, folded the napkin and tied it with a ribbon for a napkin ring, then tied the bag onto the napkin. I printed out placecards on the computer and put it by the plate. The ones I used came from the wedding section at Wal-Mart.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Holiday Joy said:
WalMart had a bunch of little drawstring fabric bags for 75% off today. They're maybe two or three inches across the bottom, and maybe 4 inches long, and are see-through fabric. These had Christmas beads dangling from the bottom. They're so CUTE, and I know they'd be perfect for something, but I couldn't think of a specific reason to buy them. What would you put in these as a gift? All I could think of was:

Little candies, home made or store bought
Small votive candles
Small picture frame

What else could you do with these? I'd hate to think of some GREAT gift idea a month from now and be kicking myself for not buying these! ;-)

Did you find these with the Christmas stuff? They sound adorable!