What's your "word" for 2009?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
I choose DOING (or tackle ?! :) )

Last year I`ve planned more than I´ve done sth. :slap:

;-) Now it is time to TACKLE it. (above all I have to tackle the papertiger :)

Laurie

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2009
Brisbane Australia
Hi. I am Laurie from Brisbane, Australia. New to this forum and site. My word for 2009 is discover. I want to discover myself as a person, discover an organised home and discover a sense of inner peace.

Smiles
Laurie

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
In 2008, my word was engage. This is from my post in the last thread....

CanadianJingles said:
I want to live life to the fullest and really enjoy 2008. I don't want to put things off. I want to really feel it. I want to get involved and stop putting stuff off. I don't want to be content with talking about doing things that get put off and put off. If I want to do it, it's important. I need to live by that.

I still think that applies, but I need to change it up a bit. Opportunity was my first inclination, but it didn't quite fit. My word is choice. When I look at my goals I've set for this year, all ten things, they are concrete and measurable tasks. They are all active things, like read more and learn specific new things. I need to make the right choices to accomplish these things. I need to make writing a priority again. I need to break down printing/labelling/getting all my digital photos into manageable chunks to get up to date. Looking at my yearly goals, written on my blog really helped target my word. :grin:

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
My word for 2008 was "elegance" - in everything. For 2009, I am going to stay with this word although, I have tossed up between elegance and dignity. But elegance won out. A true "Audrey" fan methinks.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Trying to remember some of the threads I really love to revist here. This thread is one of them altho it appears the whole thread didn't get moved over.

What was your word of the year? Have you been able to live by it part or most of if not all the year?

Mine was the words "I want" I have recieved some of the things I want this year.

Right now I want health and happiness for all.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I went ahead and started a new post for 2010.

I had a phrase this year which was "Through self-discovery comes inner peace and well-being". I learned quite a few things about myself this year and have changed some of my ways that I didn't care for. However it is a constant process and i'm still working on it.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I like that saying Jessica. Thanks for starting the 2010 thread.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
What was your word of the year? Have you been able to live by it part or most of if not all the year?

Mine was the words "I want" I have recieved some of the things I want this year.

Right now I want health and happiness for all.

My word was choice, but looking at the year, I think focus might've been a better one for me. I have made choice and tried to prioritize. I set monthly goals each first of the month and I hadn't done that before. It helped me focus on things I chose to make important. I hope that makes sense.

And girlsinmo, I share your want for health and happiness for everyone! :)

Gingerbread Elf

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
My word for 2010 is Self-discovery. My plan for 2010 is to find the part of me that I lost..(I am more than Wife, Mother, Daughter, Maid, Housekeeper, Chief cook and bottle washer.... I am.... Me!)