Winter Wonderland Brunch

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Part One: Decor

1. Hang huge snowflakes from the ceiling...picked these up from Deals and they are super cute...and big! Will use fishing line to make them appear to be floating.

2. Large silver and gold ornaments...these a plastic light weight ornaments from Deals that are very pretty and should suspend easily also. With the snowflakes I'll probably just need about 6 of these...I''ll pick them up this weekend.

3. Table setting: White lacey table cloth over a silver one. Cut glass plates and glasses. with gold flatware (I have a Christmas set) Each place setting will have a plastic ice cube ornament that is fairly good sized (picked up at Deals...2 for a dollar) They have a lot of snow and ice stuff this year! From the top I will tie a silver ribbon and suspend a name tag from it as a place card.

4. I have some clear stones that I got 90% off at Michaels this summer. They will look cute on top of some mirrors along with silver candles. I will also put out a couple of my "fancier" snowmen"

5. The little tree will have minature snowflakes ornaments on it as well as silver ribbons...tiny ones.

Coming soon....PART TWO: The menu

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Your decorations sound wonderful and I'm sure your room will look beautiful. Please do post some photos if you get the chance. I absolutely love snowmen I have them for my decorating theme in the kitchen.

:globe:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm working on menus for all my parties this evening so I'll try to get the brunch menu posted...There are some many good things to try....its hard to decide.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Your decorations sounds so eloquent. I always hang snowflakes from my light fixtures, ceiling, etc during the winter with fishing wire. It works beautifully - and when the sun comes through the windows and hits the glitter - they just sparkle.

I am looking forward to your menu. I'm sure your guests will love all the time and effort you put into making this meal.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Menu for Winter Wonderland Brunch

Breakfast Burritos (these are a diabetic recipe I found since my friend was just diagnosed)
Strawberry Shortcakes (with Splenda)
Fruit with Fruit Dip
Corn Muffins with honey butter

Drinks:
Spa Bloody Marys (no alcohol)
Mock Sangria (no alcohol, diabetic with diet soda and low cal juices)
Crandandy Koolers

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'll take some pictures but it might be a while before I get them up....we are all busy busy busy right now and I usually need my DDs help to get the photos downloaded to the computer...lol

PS: We eat at 11:00

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Sounds wonderful Gingerbug! I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well Mother Nature must have taken note of our theme: Winter Wonderland and supplied us with a nice coating of ICE for our brunch. We woke up to an ice coating on everything. While the trees looked beautiful many people experienced broken branches and split trees. I thought about canceling but after conferring we decided to go ahead with the gathering. As we all lived in town, all except one person was able to attend.

However Mother Nature AND AmerenUE were not done with us yet....as the oven was preheating for the muffins and we were getting ready to cook the eggs and assemble the breakfast burritos.....electric went out (and we have an electric stove...whole house). It flickered back on briefly...but 45 minutes till BRUNCH and no way to cook.....ummm...tried making a quick run to the store but on our side of town....couldn't buy anything as registers were down also. Trip across town to another store to pick up rolls, turkey, ham, cheese, and store muffins and danish....

So we ended up with little sandwiches, muffins, danish, strawberry shortcake and our cold drinks. NOT at all as I envisioned....LOL....then I had thought it would last from 11:00 till about 1 or 2 at the latest......no one wanted to leave...the electric on the other side of town went out also so we ended up playing dominoes and no one ventured out till after 5:00. Thats the longest brunch I've ever taken part in. We broke out the camp stove and made hot chocolate and coffee....

No one can say I don't roll with the punches.....so a very successful brunch...with menu changes, camp stoves, and dominoes that lasted all afternoon....TODAY an ICE DAY...so I'm home to relax a bit and move onto the next items on my list....!!!! KEEP smiling....the perfect Christmas NEVER happens....but sometimes GOOD is a lot of FUN!!!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Sounds as if you DID have the 'perfect Christmas brunch', Gingerbug!! You kept a sense of humor, rolled with the punches, made your guests feel very welcome (as evidenced by the fact that no one wanted to leave!) and created memories none of you will soon forget. That's what 'perfect' is all about!!

I love that you thought of the camp stove for hot cocoa/hot drinks!

Hope you get lots done on your ice day. We're on a 2 hour delay in eastern WA State (the desert part). Lots of happy kids today!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
These people will talk about this Brunch for years to come. It will always be one of the best Brunches in memory! I'm glad you went with it.

Now tonights dinner can be Breakfast burritos!