workout music?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
I'm trying to put upbeat workout music on my ipod so I can keep moving and be excited about my workouts.... Here's what I have so far....
Brad Paisley World
Ticks
Shakira Hips don’t lie
Shedaisy Get over Yourself
I Will But…
Martina McBride When God Fearin Women get the Blues
Grease You’re the One that I Want

What songs do you have or recommend? This HAS to be upbeat!!!
Thank you

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Some old and some new....

That's the Way it Is (JoDee Messina)
Up (Shania Twain)
Crazy in Love (Beyonce)
It's My Life (Bon Jovi)
It's Raining Men (Geri Halliwell)
Better Things to Do (Terri Clarke)

midwife

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
Go to the itunes store and in the upper right-hand corner, type in "workout music". On the next screen, click on "view all" where it says "podcasts". Look at the sites that come up. You can download music specifically for exercising (warm-up, exercising, cool-down) for free.

When I used to teach and take dance our favorite artist to do our warm up exercises to was believe it or not Prince. I especially LOVE the Batman soundtrack!!! It had upbeat songs for faster exercises and slow songs for the lay down and stretch ones!! We also warmed up to lots of the various artist CD's like That's what I call music NOW series because they had a variety of music genres all in one CD. Of course when I taught dance all music was screened for language and certain songs were easy to skip over with the remote...thankg god because when was laid down doing leg stretches I did not want to quickly jump up to change songs or CD's....lol!!! When I was teaching basic steps in Jazz classes I absolutely loved using Broadway CD's. With little kids beginner jazz classes i always tried to use kidz bop and disney CD's and sometimes the kids took turns bringing in a CD of their choice!!

If I was to set up my own music with an ipod it would probably have alot of Janet Jackson, Eric Clapton, Michael MacDonald,Rob Thomas, Maroon 5, Aerosmith, Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Stevie Nicks, Prince, Eagles, PM Dawn and of course (if you can't already tell) lots of 80's music!!! I finally found the Eric Clapton unplugged album on CD while at Disneyworld and ill probably be listening to that when I get home from work later on today!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
christmascreations said:
and of course (if you can't already tell) lots of 80's music!!! I finally found the Eric Clapton unplugged album on CD while at Disneyworld and ill probably be listening to that when I get home from work later on today!!!

I have Eric Clapton Unplugged too and LOVE it! It is definitely one of my favorite! Also LOVE 80's which drives DH crazy. My kids are getting into 80's too (probablybecause that is all they hear when with me) which I think drives DH even crazier!!