Yay! I Made a Start on our Christmas Party!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Well, DH and kidos went out for a little while so I decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet and make a little start on planning our annual Christmas Open House.

I didn't do much, of course. This day is all about celebrating Halloween after all but I've been stressing about my lack of Christmas preparation to date so it felt good to do a little something.

I pulled out the calender, picked a date (Dec 19th), created a Facebook event and sent some invitations. I also know it's really early but weekends start filling up fast this time of year.

I'm so gald I did - it put me in a very festive mood. Now I need to get ready for the guests coming to my home tonight!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I think you did the right thing because after halloween things will start to snowball!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Early is best. I just used evite for our Hanukkah party invites for Dec. 12 and people already have things booked!

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
Don't you just love that holiday feeling? I agree it is not all that early. Last year I missed a cookie exchange that I attend every year because we made other plans that day. The hostess was a little upset that I was not attending but she sent out the invitations too late. I saw her yesterday and asked her to start thinking about it so I can attend this year.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Yes, I think I did do the right thing. A day or two after I put the word out about our party I got an invitation to another family member's!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
i agree..when it comes to holiday parties, early invites are the best. Even with our Halloween party (and it's on the Saturday before Halloween EVERY YEAR) I start reminding people at the July 4 gathering. They still need another reminder, but it's such a busy time of year, it's good to get it on the calendar as early as possible. And, LadyEvenStar, that's my oldest's birthday!! We'll be partying too!

MerryHOHOHO

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Maryland
Thats a good start. I love throwing my annual party. I put so much prep into so that I can enjoy the night of it as well. Have you ever used Evite.com? Its great to send out invitations online and you can put really funny things in the reply area. And I believe they have a countdown section for throwing a party. Have fun!