Year-round tree?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Catey716

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
www.youravon.com
I am wanting to use one of my small white trees to decorate here in my office as a year-round tree. I have heard of others doing this and would love to hear of some ideas anyone would like to share!

Thanks so much!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is a fun concept....I've played around with it a few times...had a Halloween Tree and a Valentines tree....can't seem to keep up with it though...BUT you are inspiring me to get out my small white tree and try again in 2008

Catey716

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
www.youravon.com
I know my family (and others probably) will think I am crazy but I love the idea and it will kinda keep the Christmas spirit alive all year, don't u think? :package:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I think anything that keeps the Holiday magic throughout the year is a great idea! I also did a halloween tree this year-everyone loved it! But I used an old fallen tree limb-kinda spooky! and I hot glued the foil wrapped pumkin chocolates on it and little halloween bears from the dollar store. I got a tabletop Red tree for Christmas-I guess i could decorate that for Valentines Day! Tha ::eek:rnament: nks for the push!

You can probably do different holiday themes with colored bows and ribbons!!! Not sure what kind of job you have or how many employees are around but here are some of my "off the top of my head" ideas

January-tree representing your resolutions
February-set up with romantic items
March-Easter and St. Patrick's Day
April-pastel spring colors
May-a tribute to the Mom's in the Office
June-a tribute to the dad's in the office
(tributes could be their names on ribbons or their kids' names etc....)
July-red whites and blues of course
August-total summer theme (cocktail umbrellas, mini sunglasses, etc...)
September-Labor day so work related items (paperclip garland, pencils, pens, business cards, etc...)and I believe this month is national secretaries day(?) and grandparent's day!!!
October-orange and black of course and I believe National Boss Day is on October(?)
November-Thankful tree
December-well I don't think I need to go there on a site like this.....lol

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have two lighted topiary trees in my front entryway, on either side of my door. I was looking for ivy-type trees, but found a great deal on evergreen trees at Costco, so that's what I have -- gotta' love a bargain! I love to keep them up all year and not just Christmas, so I decorate them for different seasons. It gives me the change I'm looking for, but I don't have to redecorate them every month.

Most of the year, I wind ivy garlands through them to make them look less like Christmas trees. These are some of the things I've done in the past:
Winter: (January) Kept the red/burgundy cranberry-like vines from Christmas and add small snowflakes. Trade out the snowflakes for red hearts on picks in February.
Spring: Woven ivy throughout, added Easter eggs on picks
Summer: Have used a red/white/blue theme, with patriotic ribbon and small flags on picks. Small, Uncle Sam-type hats to the top of both trees. Sometimes, I just leave ivy on them and no other decorations.
Fall: Woven fall foliage vines in around the ivy, artificial berry twigs in oranges and reds, small sunflowers
December: NOW they get to be Christmas trees! Gold stars on top, burgundy/red berry twigs, shiny and matte gold balls, small gold and burgundy bird ornaments clipped to branches.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I have a small topari tree in my dining room and have started using it as a year round tree.
Jan: white bulbs
Feb: white and red
March: green and white
April: pastel colors
May mini flower buds
June ocean themed
July red, white, and blue
August back to school ornaments
Sept. apples
Oct/Nov pumpkins
Dec. I left it plain. :bigsnow:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
My former sil had an evergreen tree in her living room year round. She bought it from Terry's Village, I think. In January, she had a snowman theme. February was red and hearts. March and April was spring/Easter. In the summer it was Americana, then she did scarecrows/pumpkins/fall leaves in the Fall months.

I did do a search and here is a link to the tree....[url]http://www.terrysvillage.com/tv ... artial&N=0[/url]
They sell decorating kits too.

Lisa :bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I've had a year round tree for almost 20 years now. It started with a small 2' tabletop tree, but not I use a 6' skinny tree in the corner of my living room.
Heres' show I do it:
January-snowflakes, icicles, snowmen
February-hearts ( I have blown glass hearts and red and white glass hearts, along with red glass balls that have white crocheted snowflakes, and purely Valentine's ornaments-polyresin ornaments that look like Valentine cookies and candy, along with red and white checked bows
March-usually spring stuff, this year Easter-crosses, carrots, bunnies and eggs
April-spring flowers
May-around the middle to the end of May, I switch over to patriotic things-red, white and blue lights, ornaments, flags, Uncle Sams, etc. It stays like this until August, then
August-back to school tree-crayons hotglued together and wired to the tree, pencils, little notebooks, scissiors, etc along with a back to school ribbon and fabric strips that I tie on the tree
September-fall
October-Halloween
November-Thanksgiving
Christmas-jingle bells

I love decorating this tree for each season or holiday, and everyone seems to enjoy seeing what i come up with for each one, especially on the monthly breakfast days!

Catey716

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
www.youravon.com
Thanks so much for all of the great ideas! I am excited now and am thinking of doing it with my tall 6' skinny tree in my dining room. I work from home so I might put it back here in my office..who knows? I am just sad to see all the decorations get put away. Christmas feels like it got here too fast!

Thanks again for all the great ideas!