Your 2011 Word

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Time between now and the end of the year to write a little review on how you lived your word in 2011...

My word was Quest....and my friends helped me out on New Years Day....on taking me on a "secret" quest....I thought we were going grocery shopping...but we went on a road trip :)

At first my quest was easy because words kept cropping up in my life that seemed to point the way....

And then mid year...a bit of a stall....(lol)

Then when fall got here I decided to focus on a quest each month....and I did that by selecting a "quotation for the month" that helped me focus...

For example one month was "Be a candle to those around you" and so my quest was to strive to be a candle that month.

I'm liking it so much that I might continue my quest in 2012....but I will also pick another word to live too!

Share how you lived your word!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I like your month to month quotation idea..Will ponder on this:)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My word is believe. I did some soul searching in choosing this word. I wanted to believe more in myself. In my spiritual life. In my decisions. In other people.

As you all know, I retired this year. I had to believe in myself to get out of debt. To save some more money (not much, but in this day and age, there isn't much $$ left over to save!). Believe in my decisions to do more for me! I have never done that. I always do for others. But I had to believe that I am important, too, and the world will NOT come to an end if I buy something for me instead of someone else. Does that make sense?

So, I have learned to believe in me. I have learned to believe in life and others, just a little bit. I do have trust issues. But I am learning. When I stop learning, my dear friends, it is because I have died!

And that leads me to my word for 2012.....I'll tell you later.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
My word for 2011 is "balance".

I decided I needed more balance in my life as I felt I was at a stage of trying to do everything and be everything to everyone. There was a lot of wasted time and money, and my stress was impacting on my families happiness.

First, I cut my full time work hours by one day a week. This meant I could drop my older daughter's daycare hours, which gave me some quality time with the kids each week, as well as time to focus on our home. I no longer had to squeeze all the cleaning in to a Saturday or Sunday morning. This meant the cleaning was done more often as I wasn't as tired, my kids were happier, and I was happier.

I also balanced my time between myself and my family. Before, I put myself last and often never really got time to myself. I have now made a deal with my husband. For two or three hours each week he would take the kids out and spend some time with them, while I had time to myself to do whatever I felt like doing. I did the same for him. So we get time to ourselves and quality time with the kids each week. We have also committed to a day or so of "couple" time each month (in which the kid's would stay with their grandparents).

Financially, I have started using the envelope system. This means that we have a certain amount of spending money each and we're paying ourselves first before the bills get paid. This also means we have some money going in to a savings account, and we can plan more for home improvements. It's a little at a time, but it is finally happening! For example, we have a much needed new couch on layby, and we'll have enough saved for the TV unit I like in February (no more DVD's in boxes - YAY!!). There was so much money just wasted before - it's great to finally be in control :)

I am really happy with our new "balanced" life. Our family is so much happier as a result. I'll have to start thinking about my 2012 word!