HGP 2016 Week 5, Master Bathroom Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Bathroom and Linen Closets are the cleaning Focus this week!

Holiday Prep:
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Take toys and books that are outgrown, clean them up and prepare them for donation to toy drives.
  • Make list of toys and books that children would enjoy and that would fit in their rooms and that would work with what they have. Keep it hand for telling family what they would like.
  • Inventory clothing and have another list of clothing items needed. Measure the children and put measurements on this list.

Reactions: Minta

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Home from a few nights at the cabin, spent a lot of time thinking and reading! A wonderful 'anniversary' away.

My master bathroom is a very big mess right now; we are in the process to prep this area for new tiles, full tub and shower install. (With tall sons my 5 ft claw foot tub is not working well.)

I love linen. Love making beds and folding towels. It a weird thing but its me :)
A new linen closet will be installed once the new attic stairs are in place. Until that time my 'linen' closet is a series of clear bins neatly stacked in my closet. We saved the door from another part of the house and will put this short and smaller door to good use as a linen closet door under the stairs. Created another list of needed winter weight blankets, towels and cloths to replace some items that are worn.

I have been going through the boys clothes and have a fairly good idea what is needed now and for the colder winter. My 'boys' are young adults now so toys are not really a thing, but they have gone through their books. Not many to give away as we are book 'nerds'. A few that they would actually like added to our list.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I still laugh at all those meals labeled with just "Holiday Meal".

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did so much freezer cooking this weekend that by the time I got that done, regular housework and laundry done and did DS's homework time had run out!

Planning a day off later this week to catch up!!! I still have a few things on my list from Master Bedroom week to finish too! Hate that feeling of slipping farther and farther behind!!!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My 'holiday meals' this year are crockpot meals, putting them together into freezer bags - thawing the night before in fridge, putting into crockpot before I leave for work in the morning. I have decided I need two 'holiday meals' a week :)
Monday and Wednesday dinners - so this month and into November I will prep double - one for 'tomorrows dinner' and another for the freezer.

Bought our turkey today for Thanksgiving and have a good start on pantry/holiday baking items. There's just something that makes me smile about a full pantry!

Master Bathroom is clean; there was a lot of products I dumped and a few things I wondered where they were and found in odd places - like nail clippers!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I did my entire HGP list in the Master Bath on Friday - feels good to have that done! Took a A LOT of extra items out of the area under my side of the vanity down to the storage area I have downstairs (for extra bottles of shampoo, etc.) and that made a huge difference!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Our bathroom is in good shape except I want to remove the shower doors and out up a shower rod and shower curtains. We have everything but time to get this done. I want to have this done before Thanksgiving, may have to pencil it in one weekend. Nothing wrong with the shower door, I just that I prefer a shower curtain. I also have new mini blinds but have yet to find a valance or curtain for the bathroom.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Years ago I took the shower door off. It really opened up the room.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I find the shower door topic interesting! We are planning our bathroom remodel and thought we would put up doors - but the idea of 'closing in' an already small space is something I hadn't thought of.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I find the shower door topic interesting! We are planning our bathroom remodel and thought we would put up doors - but the idea of 'closing in' an already small space is something I hadn't thought of.

I find the doors make it hard to clean the shower and plus you have to clean the doors