Gift closet 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wrapped all of my stocking fillers, DH needs a lot more in his, it is looking very empty.
I have made a list so over the next few weeks I will concentrate on getting more fillers and also many more gifts.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday shopping Jaymee picked out a planner shes wanted so I told her I would get it for her for Christmas.

Got Teigan some shirts and a pair of shoes for play dress up. Even tho she will want to wear them. (alittle big yet)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yesterday shopping Jaymee picked out a planner shes wanted so I told her I would get it for her for Christmas.

Got Teigan some shirts and a pair of shoes for play dress up. Even tho she will want to wear them. (alittle big yet)
I am keeping an eye out for a new planner. I loved the one that I have been using this year and would like to find one just like it if possible.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a few more things for my dd stocking which is now almost done.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I felt like the meanest Mum in the whole world yesterday.
I was at the shops with DS. He keeps an all over hair. body wash in his swim bag as he showers at the pool before school 5 mornings a week. He has shaved hair so does not need shampoo/ conditioner.
He is also a major Formula One car/ race fan. He spotted a product that was limited edition and sponsored by his favourite team. He asked of he could have it for his swim bag. Because I had seen it the week before and already purchased several for his stocking! I refused! I told him that as he already had at least 5 at home, that he needed to use he could not have this special one. DS so rarely asks for anything much- I felt really bad but did not want to spoil his surprise. Im a bit not happy that he actually saw it, thought I had found a fun surprise.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've ordered some toys for DS - there is a line of toys called Miles From Tomorrowland? They had several little mini toys from it on clearance at Meijer weeks ago that I picked up. Today I ordered a large spaceship toy from the same set plus one other larger toy that matches as well. So there will be quite the set for DS to enjoy!

I'm torn on giving it to him for Christmas or holding it back for his "big" birthday gift. He's 6 now and I know the days of playing with these types of toys are numbered. But there is really only a month between Christmas and his birthday so it probably doesn't matter! :)

Also got a great deal on a large set of K'Nex for him too! At this point, his presents are done! Other than what I am crafting for him and some stocking stuffers! Unless I weaken...:oops:

I also ordered ONE more copy of Susan Branch's Girlfriends book! You can only get them used and a couple of them now have come with someone's personal inscription inside the front cover - so I've been using Susan Branch stickers or something similar to cover it up. There are so many illustrations on the pages that it just blends right in! I also Clorox the outside of the book, etc. I wish they were still in print!

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have been ordering gifts for christmas -- got granddaughter four more gifts, two more gifts for grandson, three for husband, and a couple more for my daughter....two packages have come in, more to come ! I had planned a good wrapping day for november 11th, but my husband now has a radiation oncologist appointment scheduled for 11:30 that day (he has cancer) - so I am thinking I will do another day.....and I completely forgot that both grandkids will be home from school that day - (they live with us) - so perhaps the 11th of november will find me wrapping NONE ! I will get it done though....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got some more items today for son, granddaughter, daughter and a few for hairdresser. Found some good deals on clearance. Just need the time to go an look.

Decided to do Teigan the .999 oz sliver piece dated Christmas. They are now going to try to find me a 2014 and 2015. Then I asked for them to find a 2015 and 2016 dated birthday piece and will have those started. Got 3 cooper pieces to catch her up for her Christmases too.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I picked up a few stocking stuffers while DH and I were on our meandering trip. I was straightening up the guest room for DD19 tonight and stowed them away in there. I need to pull out everything this weekend after DD goes back to college so I can see what all I have. DS told me that DDIL wants an electric blower for Christmas. I thought he was joking, but he said she really wants one.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have a few more things in my ebay cart and also in Aliexpress. Have not yet pressed the order button but the ideas are there. Tomorrow I will have another look and double check for any alternate sellers with similar items to compare.
I did order a bangle for me- having it made so it will be ready for Christmas.
Got a similar style for a friend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
went stocking-stuffer shopping at noon. Had wrapped what I had yesterday and they are only half-filled.

For both kids: pack of bbq peanuts, anti-perspirant, beef jerky, chocolate
For dd: 1 bottle of small brewery beer, 1 fancy can of cheese-stuffed olives, 1 fancy jar of lime-honey mustard. I'm thinking I won't be able to hang her stocking but will need to put it on the floor haha!

For me: pistachio nougat, chocolate tea with spices
For mom: pistachio nougat, anis (sp?) mints

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I stopped today after work and picked up 4 gifts. yesterday I finished for my grandson except stocking stuffers.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I picked up 2 gift cards for my my, a set of Wilton cake pans and Christmas socks for my DD, a few Hallmark Ornaments for gifts and while shopping yesterday saw some good stocking stuffer ideas. Will get those later in November.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i spent yesterday with my mum and we wrapped all of my Christmas gifts.
DH needs a lot more but when I spoke to him last night he said he wanted some new work boots and long work pants for at the farm!!
Phew, problem solved.
DD and DS have about 18 parcels each, I need to get 2 more each so that they have 20 to unwrap plus their stockings.
Just need to wrap the dogs stockings and get a few more things for my mum, so I think I am just about done :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh thanks Lucie.

Quick question all,
DS has a new girlfriend. I have met her twice as she lives a few hours form here. She is quite nice and we get on well.
I would like to do her a few gifts for under the tree and a very small stocking but as I don't know her I am finding it hard for ideas.
Help would be appreciated for ideas for gifts and stocking for a 24 year old "girl". TIA

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Since you are in the summer months how about Sunscreen, sunglasses, beach bag and towel.

Reactions: Christmaslvr

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Now that we have moved into the new house there are some projects that I need doing. I have just given DH a honey do list and said that I want some of the projects finished as Christmas gifts. A great idea, I get things done and he gets to give me things and feels useful.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Katrina,
Priceline have really nice sachets of bath soak for $3- I give myself a couple every year.
Lip balm for dry summer lips, body moisturiser, nail buffers, toe separators for toe polish, hair ties, cute anklet socks (kmart for $2), coffee cup again at kmart for $2, candles, chocolate.