Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Seems a few of us are already buying for next year.

I have 2 Christmas dvds for next year and a Christmas ornament for me. Had too many bought for this year ;)

Reactions: Christmaslvr

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You guys rock! I'm still focusing on wrapping up this year! Down to the last little bits and pieces! Found a whole box of "extra" gift items upstairs - Bath & Body Works Lotions, Burts Bees Lip Balms, etc. that I can decide who to give to. Between augmenting gift to girlfriend and her 3 girls in CO and the adopted family at work I think I can assign most of those orphan items to good homes!

But I'll be using day after Christmas sales for getting another stash started for next year!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I luckily picked up a few things last week for stockings. One of the big grocery stores here had shave foam, disposable razors at 50% off and a name brand body wash for $1.99. These are things that always go into the kids stockings so I grabbed them.
Will be certainly hitting the shops after Christmas to see what else I can get so that I am off to a good start. This year went too quickly for my liking;)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been decluttering my gift closet items. I decided if I've had something for a few years that I have used it goes out. So far LC1 has taken most of it to use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great when you can pass on things for other people to use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking through the catalogues and junk mail that are coming through the mail box at the moment. They are full of ideas for the gift closet for next year,
just spending a few moments going through them before putting in the recycling.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Due to our move to Hawaii next year, I will not be able to have a stash of anything. We have to consolidate our belongings and pare down as it is. Not that I ever really have a gift closet anyway. LOL I would like to start though. I even have been throwing away or getting rid of decorations as I take them out or put them away. :(

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got some beautiful candles yesterday in my mums favourite smell, (cinnamon and apple). Half price at our big supermarket!!!
Into her stocking box for next year!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've not actually bought anything, but I've been writing down ideas for next year. Then, if I find them on sale, I'll pick them up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That's a great way of doing it Jane. I have a list on my mind but not in my planner yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm putting stocking stuffer ideas in my AllieExpress & Amazon wishlists

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Katrina- I love Apple and Cinnamon- Coles or Woolies??? I always add them to my stocking lists for me too!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya,
My local Woolworths. They are the Airwick brand in the Apple and Cinnamon. It is such a Christmassy scent.
Woolworths have had some great stocking fillers lately in their online catalogue. I have gotten razors and shave foam and body wash over the past few weeks all at 50% off so good to keep an eye out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is a good time to start stocking up on Wrapping paper, gift tags etc for next year. I actually don't need any supplies because I stocked up heavily last year, but a lot of the store here have started reducing their stock.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Just back from a visit to the shops. No luck on the wrapping paper or gift tags I wanted.... Oh well I will try again!
But did add to the gift closet for 2017
Formula 1 book for Luke
Bobblehead for Luke
Desk Game- shared- fun to play on the coffee table
2 pairs of shorts for Luke for next summer- probably not actual gifts but just t have to put away.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I found name tags that I really like so picked up four boxes of them. Found a few rolls of plain wrapping paper that could be used anytime of the year. Picked up some plastic clear ornaments for crafts. And a very large red wrapping paper holder for my Christmas paper. Am sending Dh tomorrow to pick up a red plastic tote that I will use for Christmas ribbons. Now all the Christmas wrapping items will be easy to find since both storage items are Christmas red. Didn't find anything for gifts this time.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I went to Meijer and Target first thing yesterday morning (26th) and loaded up on gift wrapping supplies for next year. Also found a couple rolls of paper that can be used for birthdays in the meantime.

Was thrilled to pick up a couple of Minecraft Red Ore blocks that glow for $2.49 each at Target - they were in the section with other stocking stuffers that were marked down. Also found a small Buzz Lightyear figure that rang up at $1.49! All got slipped into the box where I've got DS birthday gifts hidden!

I also picked up a couple sets of battery operated, timer option, twinkle fairy lights as well. The area along the bookshelf in the hallway is so dark - I have an arrangement there with a candle but it just wasn't bright enough even with the candle. Excited to plan new setup for decor there next year now!

I also picked up a beautiful ceramic travel mug at Starbucks - 50% off + another 10% for being a rewards member. That is getting putting away for a dear friend for either birthday or Christmas next year! Also got a tiny little red coffee mug for me that I will make into an ornament. Or I may give it away - we'll see!

Looking forward to picking up random other deals here and there over next several days!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a few snowmen themed items today .. will be using them in a Hot Chocolate station that I am going to put together as a family gift.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I grabbed some tags and paper for me and oldest dd,,,found a girl lego toy that I told my dd she can either put in her gift closet or use it for my dgd. It was $5. Found my best bargains at Shoppers drug store. ( not sure if you have it in the states?) they had all thier stuff marked more then 50% off. Grabbed a beautiful box of cards and some tree marshmallows at chapters tonight..
Not a bad haul today considering I wasn't going to shop for after sales lol

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I found two things I had stashed for my Dsis under the snack bar today. They will go into the gift closet for next year. One person checked off the list for 2017!