HGP 2016 Week 15, Finish-Up

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We are here ladies! Week 15 :)
My "packages, boxes and bags" have all made their way to the post office!
Gift buying is done and stocking-stuff is awaiting their stuffing on Christmas Eve.

I have wrapped our workplace exchange gift, finished menu planning and grocery shopping, and making cookies to stuff into tins for the family and friends we visit.

There are few items I have left to bake, the ones that do not freeze well or best served fresh; but have put them into my planner with a time frame to complete so I do not wake up on say a 'Tuesday' morning and think 'oh my goodness its (child name here)'s Christmas party today!'. NOT this year my friends!

This week we have the Feast of St. Nicholas on Tuesday and our Family Fun Night on Friday (pizza, movie -Christmas Vacation, and a board game).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We had our Christmas dinner party this weekend and it was a success! Got everything cleaned up yesterday and then collapsed the rest of the day!

Christmas cards are mailed except for two for grandparents that I'll have DS sign tonight!

Will try to make a gift card run on lunch today and review my list for any final things to order or pick up.

Got some birthday presents wrapped yesterday and staged all supplies in wrapping area - found scissors, etc. So I'm all ready to start working away at wrapping!

Will be wrapping up all plans/arrangements for holiday celebrations at work all next week, something planned for each day ending in our holiday party on Friday. Need to finalize menu with restaurant and figure out where we stand on gifts for our adopted family, finish shopping for them and get their gifts wrapped too!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
wrap, wrap, wrap
work on timeline for NY's eve reception
book appointment for hairdresser
finish crafts

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got two whole presents wrapped last night - have got to do better! Ugh!

Also made a batch of cookie dough and have that in the fridge to bake tonight!

Packages keep arriving which is good! Also picked up gift cards on lunch yesterday plus a couple of special food snack items requested by one of the kids in our adopted family. And I snagged another bag of beef jerky for DH's stocking. Little by little!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, not doing much better on wrapping yet. Got 1.5 presents wrapped last night! lol Just need to finish decorating that last one!

Baked the cookie dough and will pop those in the freezer tonight. Will see if I can manage to wrap more tonight and/or get another batch of cookie dough made.

Will be baking two pans of brownies for staff lunch tomorrow too.

Picked up some items today for a co-worker's grandkids. She has custody - parents are in rehab/prison - it's been a huge nightmare for the kids. Lots of legal fees as courts keep trying to give kids back to the parents, etc. A small group of co-workers are coming together to get them some things. This is in addition to the official adopted family for the company.

Got some PJs at JC Penny for the two youngest boys - had a $10 off $25 purchase - and they are really nice 4 pc sets too! Also got them each a little candy cane of M&Ms - I guess that is their fav candy. Working on an Amazon order for some other things for them now.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got the cookies in the freezer and made a another batch of dough - that is in fridge chilling for tonight! Tried something new, made the Nestle Tollhouse classic chocolate chip cookie recipe but added a box of vanilla instant pudding mix to the dry ingredients. Then instead of chocolate chips I did white chocolate, added dried cranberries and a 1/2 tsp of orange extract. I think it would be really good with pistachios too but I didn't have any. Can't wait to try them tonight!

My car is in the shop today - the HEAT STOPPED WORKING! Right in the middle of the coldest weather we've seen so far this year! So no running errands until late in the day. Have to get to two grocery stores today, picking up basic items plus things for baking, stocking stuffers, and items for holiday events at work next week!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Baked the cookie dough last night, they turned out pretty yummy!

All other effort was spent on putting away groceries from a big shop over lunch, doing laundry, vacuuming, doing homework with DS and so on. Made a freezer meal for dinner which was nice! Ran the dishwasher overnight.

Brought in various non-perishable items to work to give to co-worker putting together food basket for our adopted family. Also brought her some clothes of DS I was going to put in garage sale for her grandkids - have a TON more to bring in! Also turned in my wrapped gifts for Santa on the East Race we do through work as well!