Christmas Wrapping Parties 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We are coming down to the wire!!

Are all of those gifts wrapped?

I hope all the paper, ribbon and bows are put away and waiting for next year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have dd's gifts to wrap, it'll be done when we come back as she will only receive them when she comes january 7th

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Mel for keeping us on schedule this year with the wrapping. I made it with plenty of time.
Now to check that I have supplies for next year and to tidy up the spare room that is awash with paper, tape and ribbons.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina - I have a list of wrapping supplies that I will need for next year. If I ever venture out of my house, I will buy some - only on sale, of course. :D

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I did learn that everyone enjoyed having their gifts in bags so they didn't have to unwrap each item. I'll be doing that again.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks, Mel, for hosting the wrapping party dates! Two gifts didn't get wrapped because they came in after we unwrapped presents...one for DH and one for DDIL. Guess I need to order earlier next year!

I set up a 4 foot table in the living room and wrapped on it. That worked well, and I'll probably do that again next year.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Can I say I'm horrible at this. Just being honest. Every year I put the dates on the calendar as a reminder if anything..and every year for the last 5 years or so I end up wrapping last minute. DRIVES ME CRAZY.... This year was better, because I had the time to set a day aside to do it, but still I was wrapping a few gifts last minute before guest arrived and I don't want to repeat that again. Again I think because I have so much stuff, it's just hard to get it out. I'm really going to analyze a plan for myself this upcoming year. I think one of the things is me waiting longer to buy gifts. I use to buy most of them by November..waiting for my daughters final list, but I've become a black friday shopper, then I decorate that following week and put the gifts off. I need a compromise with myself.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Michelle, Try gift bags. It's still wrapping but much easier. I tape closed those bags that I think someone might peak into. Duck tape works well for this. Those that I do not have to tape closed can be added to if needed.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This year I wrapped later than usual... because I was missing some things for DD!! will NOT do that next year... no reason too as she always has a nice list done ahead of time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some years are better than others when it comes to wrapping.
I use a combination of wrapping and gift bags. Even though I don't like wrapping, I do like the look of wrapped gifts under the tree.

Looking forward to the wrapping party dates for this year. Even if you have nothing to wrap use it as a planning day.

Reactions: jampss

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am also a black Friday shopper and that is when I probably get half my shopping done. I do not like wrapping the kids gift in stages because sometime I forget what it is that I already wrapped. Plus the santa gifts do not get name tags. We may not spend the same amount on the kids but they get equal amount of gifts to open. I plan on taking a day off from work sometime in the first 2 weeks of Dec and get all my wrapping done then. No Kids and No hubby!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, that sounds like a great plan. Put on some Christmas music and grab the supplies and wrap.