Crafters Challenge January 15th-January 21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished making all 24 poms yesterday! They all just need their "haircuts" to look nice and even and then I'll start gluing on the eyes, etc.!

I also removed the labels from 24 bottles of bubbles and wrapped them instead with leopard print duct tape to match the theme of the birthday party :)

On lunch I ran to Walmart and bought black paint and black duct tape that I'll use for making the "binoculars" for the kids. Hope to start on that project this weekend! And I still have all the goodie bags to decorate! I bought plain brown kraft bags with handles from Hobby Lobby - will decorate with green paper leaves and cut outs of various zoo animals I plan to use my Cricut for. I also still need to make his birthday banner/sign too! Going to need every minute I've got between now and the party! :)

So many other craft projects waiting in the wings but this is my focus for now!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Keep up the good work ladies!

AJ ~ That's going to be quite a party.

Still working on the growth chart here. Some of the stitching on the letters loosened up a bit when I soaked the stabilizer off, so they needed to be redesigned and redone. I think I've got it now, so I have a few more to stitch out again today. I did cut out more hearts and have the binding ready (if I ever get that far). It's a good thing I started early. Julia's birthday is February 21st.

And did some knitting in the waiting room yesterday, and CCS in the evening. I finished the last Valentine motif as the chart was printed, but I think I need to add something else inside the heart. There's too much white space.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, I LOVE them-cute!

I started the diaper bag and finished it last night. Was a nice tutorial for it. Just have to put the velco on.

No to put binding back on doll quilt and sew it down.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
LOVE the boot cuffs! Great job!

Trimmed down several poms last night but that is it. Wrapped some more birthday presents with the rest of my "free" time, lol. Only two things left to wrap!

Will try to do more crafting tonight!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ Lovely boot cuffs!

Lana ~ You’re getting there on the doll items. It sounds like my “Day in the Life of Baby” gift.

AJ ~ You’re managing to squeeze in the “free time” for crafting. Good for you. I know you’re under pressure with the BD coming up.

I think I have a good set of letters for the growth chart now and can sew them onto the quilt.

I also finished the last Valentine CCS motif and did some CCS on the Nature’s Harmony motif. It’s the largest chart I have done on the tightest weave fabric (18 ct.) I’m trying to remember to railroad the stitches, so this will take a while. I’m thinking of putting it on a throw pillow for DD#1. It would be nice to have for her birthday, but I don't know if I could finish it in time just working on it in the evenings, and I have lots of other CCS I'd like to do for April birthdays, Easter and Mother's Day. So ...

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I love the boot cuffs! I wish I had boots - those would definitely be on my to-do list. DH saw counted cross stitch on my list and reminded me that I have a pattern book for Precious Moments. Yes I do, and yes I have a project started. It is also put away so I can crochet.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lucie love the boot cuffs.

I am working on three different wreaths, heart one I picked up pink roses for last night just need to put those on and a bow and done. I am about 1/3 done getting tulle on nieces, just about done putting tulle on the third one. Now if I could just stay off pinerest and one other site I go to m list seems to be getting out of hand of things I want to make. I still need to figure out this candy bouquet that Kenny wants me to make for his girlfriend

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Believe it or not ALL the items are done and the party isn't until tom.!

I took pictures this a.m. but came to download and my card was really hard to put into the printer and nothing happened and then when putting it back into my camera it isn't fitting right----REALLY!

I took the items to work and the beauty shop last night. There was 4 people at the shop and they loved the items. Will work on pictures.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Love the boot cuffs, they are really cute.
AJ, the party sounds amazing, should be a wonderful day.

Still working on rugs but I am desperate to get into my craft room and clean it up. Not sure what I will work on today.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Have a great party AJ! I hope you get the camera issues figured out very quickly, especially for the party pictures, but I’d sure like to see the crafting ones!

Kim ~ I imagine all the wreath-making items being pretty voluminous space-wise! I call all those ideas “brain bunnies” multiplying faster than I can make them all.

GrammaDeb ~ Precious Moments CCS would be precious!

Sweetpumpkinpye ~ I truly need to clean up my crafting studio, too. I keep moving stuff around, and probably won’t make much progress with it until I finish the growth chart.

Speaking of the growth chart … I must have a ghost or a nasty, spiteful gremlin! I sat on the couch and punctiliously ripped the U, L and I off of the growth chart in order to rearrange them with the new J and A. Somewhere between the couch and returning to the ironing board, I dropped them all. I easily found the U and I, but for the life of both DH and I, we could not find the L! I probably could have re-stitched the damu (that’s an upside down n) thing in the time we spent searching for it. Finally, I thought “Oh ‘L’, I guess I’d better just start sewing another one.” So that’s what I did.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, I wonder where that "L" ended up, how frustrating.