Reading Log 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I was afraid this would make me cry, but it was written in such a sweet way until you hope your pups think and feel that same way and their passing is as peaceful.
I want to see the movie. there was a lot of controversy about the way the trainer handled the dogs. I never heard what came of it though.

I heard all that fuss too but then heard that it wasn't actually what they said it was and it was blown all out of proportion. Who knows! DD and I want to see it as well. I did cry a little reading the book and know that I will when I see the movie, but that's okay.

Reactions: JeniferDwn

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished "Two by Two" by Nicholas Sparks.
Lordy, it was good.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I just finished "A Man Called Ove" and started "Iron Lake".

Katrina ~ I might check out "Two by Two". I've read and enjoyed Nicholas Sparks, but not for a while. I usually don't like to read too much of one author at a time. "Iron Lake" is a book by an author I've recently read and enjoyed, and the Kindle title I checked out actually includes three of his books (trilogy?). I'm not sure I'll read them all together.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished the 1st 3 Camilla Lackberg books (you don't actually have to read it as a series as each is independant except the main characters carry on from one to the next so it might be better)
The Ice princess, the preacher, and The stonecutter. Good crime novels.

This morning decided to change for a bit and have just started the underground railroad.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am out of library books, I have a few books that I got for Christmas so I will have to start one of those until I can get to the library.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finished The Fifth Petal, very good! Now i'm going to start on Christmas Caramel Murder by Joanne Fluke. It's on my computer (a digital checkout) so a bit harder to read since I can't take it with me to appointments and such. I will hook up my Nook and see if I can't get it on there but it's been a pain in the past and hasn't worked out.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I finished Watership Down. I really enjoyed it, I guess because I have 2 rabbits and I actually learned a bit about some of their habits and why they do the things they do. Starting on Prince Caspian (Narnia) now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Am reading Fly Away by Kristin Hannah. I need to concentrate as it jumps between stories but it is a good story

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
In the last 2 weeks I finished Winter Stroll and Back to Blossom St by Debbie MaComber and have Twenty Wishes by her and Matchermaker by Elin Hilderbrand to start.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I need to get busy reading my book club book since we meet this Wednesday and I haven't started it yet and it was my pick. :( We're reading Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon. I also have two more books, library books, to read. One is Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke (her newest) and the other is The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I never did start on my book club book. After reading the reviews i'm not too sure about it. I think i'll hold off on it for a while since I have it on my Nook and I "own" it. I got it free from somewhere. I just finished the latest Joanne Fluke food murder mystery and it left a cliff hanger which is unusual for this series. Now I have started The Chilbury Ladies' Choir but i'm not sure i'm really going to get into it and it's due back so I will either need to renew it or return it and i'm not sure I really want to renew it. I'll try to read further into it tonight and make my decision by tomorrow.

I'm going to browse for some ideas on what to read next and see if the library has any of them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I read "Property of a Noblewoman" by Danielle Steel. Very easy but predictable story.
Nightingale is ready for me at the library so I think I will pick that up today.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I started my book club book finally and am liking it. I returned the other book, just wasn't getting into it. I need to find something for when I finish this book though.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished a mix-up in Heaven by Guillaume Musso. It is good but it is not one of his bests. I found it a little too short for my liking

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I finished Book 4 Prince Caspian and I started on The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I started before but never finished it. I also need to go and check if I read the Hobbit. I also started Christmas in Alaska by Debbie Macomber.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up some books that I had on order at the library.
I thought that I had The Nightingale on order but it was not there. Perhaps someone else checked it out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reading "If not for you" by Debbie Macomber. A very nice story so far.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I recently read Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger and really liked his writing. So then I checked out his 3-book mystery series and just finished the second of the three books. The first one is Iron Lake, the second one is Boundary Waters, and the third (which I will start reading tonight) is Purgatory Ridge. I don't usually read so many books by one author in a row, but the last three came in a set, so I'm reading all three. Then I will change authors before reading any more of his books.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I recently read Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger and really liked his writing. So then I checked out his 3-book mystery series and just finished the second of the three books. The first one is Iron Lake, the second one is Boundary Waters, and the third (which I will start reading tonight) is Purgatory Ridge. I don't usually read so many books by one author in a row, but the last three came in a set, so I'm reading all three. Then I will change authors before reading any more of his books.
I ordered Iron Lake since these are about areas I am familiar with being so close to MN.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Let's see, since the last time I posted I have read:

Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Frayed Edges by Terri Reid
Delayed Departure by Terri Reid

Right now I have checked out:

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle (a new series for me)

A friend added me to a group on Facebook called The Book Club and i'm getting a lot of recommendations from there. That is where the first two came from that i'm reading. The last one came from an email from B&N showing me series that are similar to ones that I read already that I might like.