March 2017 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have been decluttering while deep-spring cleaning. Right now I am doing 'holes'... closets, armoires, desks, etc... and that is where the decluttering is getting done.

I think I will think of it in terms of if we move or if someone gets hurt... won't happen but would need to declutter and simplify stuff in both those cases. I am decluttering but I need to let go MORE.

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Put a jacket in the donation bag. Finally used up a beautiful plate that I had bought years ago for a gift and never given. It will be given away to a hostess tonight filled with homemade goodies.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would like to continue to get my house set up for the approaching Autumn and Winter. I have done the dining room, lounge room and study.
More deep cleaning and changing decor than decluttering.
Need to get into my bedroom, kitchen and craft room, that seems to be where the most clutter is.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Cleaned out the cabinets in the laundry room...tossed lots! So a bag of cr@p and 2 empty containers later it feels better organized.
I read something on facebook...for the 40 days of Lent, find one item to donate. For me it's going to be an item a day to either toss or donate, but I see me having more things to toss. So far so good...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have been doing the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Haven't had much time to declutter with family events all month long and out of town family guests.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
So we're a little more than halfway through the month and here is what is gone so far:
Tossed:
Plastic food containers, stuff from the laundry room cabinets, 2 candles, chipboard coasters that I was going to make something out of “one day”, stuff from coffee table drawers.

Donating:
Casserole dish, 2 shirts, Magazines, Christmas cookbook (that I’ve never even opened), Christmas gift box, 2 inspirational books, 4 rolls of fabric tape, a photo printer (again that I never took out of the box!), Build A Bear sofa/futon, Pound Puppy playset, 4 cookbooks, recipe card binder.

Shredded:
28 years of job performance reviews! Lol

Reactions: jampss and Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I had a couple snow days from work last week so I reorganized our bedroom closet and got rid of some clothes. I still have a lot more clothes that I am sure I can get rid of.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Moving out some items to my sisters today when we go for St. Patricks dinner. Lotion, extra checkbook registers, some books for passwords that you can put them in and hope to get together the towels with holes in them that she she can use at the animal shelter or give to people to line their rescue crates with.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We have spring break next week (not this week). I hope to get some more things gone through in the storage shed. My goal was to have a big rummage sale the Saturday at the end of spring break week, but I don't know if I can have it all together by then. Some of it may go to the consignment shop so I can sell it for more.

I purged a night stand a couple weeks ago...let go of a bunch of notebooks and books.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Boy, am I decluttering! Yay! Some days it may be just a drawer, other days more. But the 40 bags in 40 days is kind of fun.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just gone through my hanging clothes. Tossed a whole heap that no longer fit (too big rather than too small yay), are beyond use or I just don't like anymore. Need to do my shelves, shoes and drawers yet.
It was a good exercise, I thought I needed new winter clothes but realized that I don't (another yay).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have done my hanging clothes, shoes and shelves. Still have drawers to do but I want to reline them with drawer liners and I have run out of time today.
I have thrown out a lot of empty jewelery boxes, and scented sachets that no longer smell, so many pairs of shoes. I think I keep things for the sake of having clothes in the wardrobe. I really don't need 8 pairs of sweat pants so I have pared that down to 4. Looks so much better.
Now just have to make sure when I go shopping I don't buy things because it is a good price.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Day 2 of clothes decluttering. Drawers today. I have emptied all drawers, cleaned and lined them and sorted clothes. Why would anyone need 6 white tee shirts? Have pared down clothes to what I think is reasonable and I can actually see what I have in my drawers!
I have 3 big bags of clothes to go to the charity bin. I really feel inspired now to move on to the ensuite vanity and see what I can cull there.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I have every other Saturday off so dh & I have begun "spring cleaning" on my Saturday off. We will do more in the kitchen area next Saturday when I am off again. (The kitchen is the room that will take the longest.)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dh has washed & reorganized his corner of the basement - 95% done. He got rid of a FEW things but not enough! at least all is reorganized properly. I got rid of some papers over the weekend