Crafters Challenge March 26th-April 1st 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Look at this..............A new month at the end of this challenge!!!!

DD, OUCHY bet that is sore. Glad it wasn't your finger. You have such great projects on your blog!

Not sure what I will accomplish this week.

HAPPY CRAFTING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thank you, Lana!

I had a very frustrating time at the ruler work (quilting) class I took yesterday. I spent nearly the whole time fighting with my (new) sewing machine which insisted on shredding the thread and skipping stitches. I changed needles, and it still didn't help. Finally, at the end of the class, the instructor suggested that I try a top stitch needle, and if that didn't work, I should take the machine in for maintenance. So, when I got home, I put in a top stitch needle and was able to sew a beautiful design. The main thing about this type of quilting is going to be just practice, practice, practice to get the stitches even as you free motion around the templates. I'm going to try doing some motifs on the pillow cover I'm making for DD.

I did some more knitting and tinking on the afghan yesterday, as well as working on some birthday cards.

So for the rest of the week, I need to finish two birthday cards and the pillow cover and get those in the mail. Then focus on the puzzle ball bunnies, a secret chair, and some organza butterflies, all for Easter.

Happy crafting everyone!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
On the first day of sewing class in middle school a girl ran a sewing machine needle right through her finger. Prayers DD for fast healing.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will try to finish the crochet bunny I started. got the pattern on pinterest. Just a simple square (done), now I have to add filling and close it up to look like a bunny

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cut some material to make coozies for freezer pop sticks. Should be a very short project but Teigan helped cut the material and then it was supper time so will straighten them out and sew at some point. LOL! She loves helping and I LOVE involving her.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - Hope your injury is feeling much better!!!

I did get some work done this weekend - made 3 birthday cards (all the same design) and I worked some more on the felt sachet projects.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Another month passed and I have not got anything done. I did start a tulle bunny wreath Iast night which I spent three hours on and not even a third of the way done with it.

This week
cut wire, shape and tulle and ribbon on ears for bunny wreath then attach to head part before putting tulle on that.
finish up bunny wreath
Finish nieces tulle wreath (I have been working on that off and on almost done)
Felt food for bugger (I did give him what I got done, this weekend and he loves it)
Felt food for a birthday gift
Graduation card box finished up (worked on this a little too)
Senior night gifts (figured out what he wants to do now just need to start putting together) and order key chains or give the website to the Junior that is in charge of senior night
Coaches gifts from Kenny found a great saying for wood sign that is just perfect for coach, old coach and two trainers, that has worked with him for the past 4 years
easter centerpiece
List of stuff that is going into Kenny's graduation cake for college so I can start picking up I know bottom part is all going to be his ramen noodles he says hes going to live on in college, think that top is going to be his kerig with things he will need around it (pens, high lighter, stapler and stuff)
paint face on pallet bunny

Hopefully I can get thru some of this list

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

My finger is healing fairly well. It's better if I keep a bandage on it. Thanks for the well wishes!

I finished the pillow sham and added it to my blog. I also made some birthday cards and pictures will be posted shortly (after dinner probably).

We're heading to the lake on Thursday for spring opening. I'll have to decide what crafts to take. Knitting and CCS for sure ... maybe my sewing machine?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 rabbit is done. 2nd square is already crocheted, just need to finish it up in a 2nd rabbit. I think I'll give them to my 2 nièces for Easter

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You all are doing cute stuff!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DD - your pillow sham is just adorable.
Lucie - love the bunny pattern

Today I will set out Easter decorations. I found a metal container just the right size in the garage and some Easter grass from a lifetime ago. With the crocheted chocolate bunny, plastic eggs, and store-bought candies, it will fit nicely on the shelf in the entry. I think I'll add some silk daffodils too.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ love the pillow.

Worked on bunny wreath some more yesterday, I am going to try and get at least more of it done tonight if not finished. I am beat though so may not get to much of it done. I want to work up another pattern for felt food and get it made before my playdate with my booger Thursday between work and picking kids up from practice so I can take it to him. He wants mac & cheese, hotdogs, cucumbers, cookies and pie. He made his mommy call me after she got home from work to tell me and asked me to come play cooking with him. I can't say no to him at all

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My craft today was to spray paint two photo frames. One had photo of DGS as a baby with his hand print in a white frame. The other was a find from GoodWill. It looks like a painted title of a European family picnic in a white frame with a white mat. It's actually a glossy postcard but with the white frame and mat the photo kind of disappeared. I sprayed everything black. It really stands out now. Now I wish I had taken a photo of them before I changed to black.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished felt rocketship ornament for DS's tree!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/33352758650/in/dateposted-public/

I also cut out the pieces for a felt tissue box cover and have made a start on the embroidery for it. If this one goes well I'll make several more as gifts this year.

And I made a tiny start on knitting a new washcloth, will follow pattern better this time!!!

Here is a pic of the birthday cards, well one of them, that I mentioned finishing recently. I was struggling to find the right balloon shape in my library of Cricut images. Then it occurred to me that I could use the an ornament shape, trim off the hanger loop and make a few cuts to the "knob" left to make it look like a balloon when turned upside down. Worked great!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/33608303931/in/dateposted-public/

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thank you Kim and Deb!

AJ ~ Nice work re-purposing your ornament shape. The card and ornament are both wonderful.

I got the pillow cover in the mail to DD along with her card. It feels good to get that out of the way. On to Easter projects ... and something for Iris for her birthday later in April.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
AJ - I love the rocket ship and birthday card. I haven't taken the time to figure out how to use my Cricut.

You ladies are so talented.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ love the rocket ship

I am now home for the rest of the day well part of it anyways Kenny has his track meet this afternoon depending on whether, was already postponed to today due to snow, but we shall see were supposed to have freezing rain. His meet is in Syracuse so have no clue what it is doing there. This meet is kind of going to be interesting one of the kids on the other team has had first place in CNY for cross country, Kenny had third. Indoor the kid had first place for the two mile, Kenny had second. We shall see how outdoor goes for the season, it is really fun to watch them compete against each other, Kenny said they were snap chatting back and forth last night saying they couldn't wait to be laps ahead of everyone else kicking each others butts

I havent got anything completely done but making progress on everything I am doing. I really want to get this bunny wreath done and the pallet bunny done so that I can get them both up for sale today before leaving so that is my main focus of the day so now back to work on them

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I bought all the crochet cotton to make all the towel toppers. I have 7 more to make (have 3 done) - will see how many I can finish today and tomorrow.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, love your work.