Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW you gals are doing great.
I really need to look at the Easter bag supplies next and then get back into stocking fillers and Christmas gifts.
Am keen to keep to momentum going.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well I received a lot of green peppers this week, way more then I can use and freeze so I am going to dehydrate what is left this weekend to be used in dry rubs that I will make for Christmas gifts for those who grill and smoke meats in the family.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, that is a great idea.
I did a little bit of shopping yesterday with DD. Got her a lipstick, some cuticle trimmers, a mascara and some sox that were all reduced. They will go into her stocking and the make up will go into a bag I am doing for her. I got some bed sox for DS GF for in her Easter basket.
I got a summer dress from Target that was $35 down to $9. I will pop it into my Christmas box as a gift for me.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am soooooo excited. I am officially 100% finished with big Christmas gifts for the grandchildren. The last gift I had to purchase was a Chrome book for my granddaughter and I accidentally came across one on clearance at Office Depot today. I am finished with their Easter baskets as well as their birthday gifts. Everything is wrapped. All I have left for 2017 is:
[ ] Birthday gift for DH
[ ] Birthday gift for sister
[ ] Charity Christmas gift "Toys for Tots"
[ ] Christmas gift for DH
[ ] Birthday gift for boss
[ ] Christmas gift for boss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ellen, WOW. What a great position to be in so early in the year. Well done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Put some DVD's on layby for Christmas. Kmarts price on a new release series was $5 more than the DVD shop so he price matched it for me. Better for me as I now have 8 weeks to pay them off. Glad to have at least a few gifts that will go in the gift closet.
Did the groceries and scraped in under budget by 29cents. Got a few things that were 50% off that weren't on my list but could not pass up. A gradual tanning lotion was 1/2 price and I had that on my stocking list so grabbed it. Travel shampoo and conditioner were also 1/2 price and I used all mine on the cruise so need to stock up. Also started buying some supplies for baking for Christmas time. A productive day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I found a pair of flannel sheets for a double be for $10... these will go to dd or dnephew.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, I picked up a light up house for my mum a few weeks ago.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I was at a purse bingo this weekend and won a Michael Kors wristlet. It's not my style, but will be an amazing Christmas gift for the high school student that works part-time in the office for us. Off to the gift closet it goes....one more name crossed off of the list and only cost the price of admission ($25)!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
tootbrushes & deodo for the kids are in the stocking stuffer box as of today

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got Ddil a gift card to Starbucks for her birthday later this month and dgd American Girl doll books and a building set that you throw a blanket or sheet over to create a fort which her and and sister are always asking their uncle to build for them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got my first layby of the year off. I got work pants for DS and a shirt for DH. I got a journal and some pens for my mum. I need to add a notebook and a writing list and then I think that gift is done.
Am still working on stocking fillers but am doing really well at the moment. Need to come up with some different ideas for DH.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Haven't checked in in awhile, but I'm sad to say I haven't bought much of anything. I'm just not shopping like I was in years past, but not working will do that to you. I think I've changed my shopping habits overall and really cut down, so I don't have nearly as much to buy. But I still love a good deal..lol I think before I would look for smaller gifts for family and now I look for options that will work for women at church that I work with or casual acquaintances...Those kinds of gifts. Last year however, all those types of people got homemade jellies I made and they all loved it, so I might stick to that again.

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Coming very late to the party! You have been doing an amazing job. I need to make a start, I have Dds birthday in August, DS' in September, so need that taken into account. We just moved into a new house last September and we have a garden, so for birthdays I want some to be garden gifts.....

I also need to sort the post Christmas birthdays, both my brother and OH are 6th and 3rd January, and I'm always chasing my tail. I can't buy too early as they buy for themselves and will get at Christmas, but there must be a way of being better organised....

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I also agree that homemade gifts are great. Every year I give home made jams and applebutter and the receivers always look forward to them. Last year I also gave a few homemade vanilla and vanilla sugar and they were well received too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Fruit cordials are always a well received gift.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Home made Christmas cookies are always a favorite with my extended family!