Hoping to be back...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi 'old' friends. I've been completely awol. Having a family, a new job, a new home seems to have led me away......I've tried before, but struggled on my mobile, but it seems to work well on my mobile now.

So as a way of an introduction to some and re-introduction to others I thought I would post a hello.

I am called Michelle, I live with my partner, his daughter (15) and our daughter, (3) and our son (18months).. We moved from a flat to house with a garden last September. I am a teacher (Primary) and currently teach in a nursery (for 3-5 year olds). I never thought I would enjoy the role, but actually love it. I'm also half way through studying a PGCert in Early Years Pedagogy.

My love for Christmas has not gone anywhere and when I was active here, I used to crave sharing it with my kids and well it is everything I could have hoped for. I hope my old friends are well, but I know life has it's ups and downs and hope to be here with you all again to share.

My brother, you may remember has kidney failure and he is still plodding away on dialysis, but he's not doing so well right now. We do everything we can to ensure he has enjoyable experiences and that we all make memories together.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome back Michell, we have not forgotten you at all! :) Glad you seem to be doing so well. My cousin is having the same problems with her kidneys and dialysis. She did have a transplant almost 20 year ago but now the kidney is used up. she is waiting for another one .

Reactions: festivefun

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Michelle, so good to hear from you! Sounds like you are a super busy young lady. Welcome home!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Thanks for the introduction, it's lovely to get to know the members here. How wonderful that your children share your love of Christmas. My daughter (23) does too and it's always fun to share ideas with her and to plan holidays. We are in Virginia on the East Coast of the United States and she is at university in Washington on the West Coast so we'll have a few Christmases apart until we hopefully get back to that side of the USA. It's just not practical for her to come home for Christmas since she works with children in a before and after school program when school is in session or a full-time care program during the school holidays. She only has three days off at Christmas so she'd spend most of those three days on a plane. I am so looking forward to being closer to her and having our family Christmases back again.

I'll keep your brother in my prayers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome back Michelle, you know that the door is always open here.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome back Michelle. Prayers for your brother. Congratulations of your new home!

DD24 used to chide me for wanting to decorate, but now that she has a home of her own, she understands my wanting to decorate, so maybe I, too, passed along my love of Christmas!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
So glad to have you back!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I feel the same way Michelle. I'm out more then I'm in the last two years, but it's always like home.