Graduation Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
As many of you know, I hosted a graduation party for our son last weekend. We had about 50 guests at our home on Saturday evening. Most of the party was outside. We set up two 12x20 tents and had tables under each for eating and fellowship. Food was in the house, a drink area was set up on the porch.

Tables were covered in white tablecloths and topped with a burlap colored square in the center on which sat a mason jar with a velum photo of the graduate inside, lit by a battery operated candle. The tops of the jars were wrapped with twine and had a tag that said class of 2017. We also had some Adirondack chairs in the yard set to watch anyone playing ladder ball or ball toss. We also had hay bales covered in quilts around the fire pit for additional seating and the roasting of marshmallows. You can see some of my other decorations here: https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift...437sdO0r6EedFyGsw/SFO/27945571523060/SNAPFISH

We served:
Applewood Pulled Pork Sandwiches with slaw and bbq sauce
Fried Chicken
Baked Potato Salad
Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
Broccoli Salad
Baked Beans
BBQ Kielbassi Rounds

Dessert:
Graduation Cake
Cheesecake
Oreo Pie
Brownies

Beverages:
Lemonade
Iced Tea with Lemon
Water
Wine Coolers
Assorted Beers

We also had ingredients for S'mores and Mountain Pies for later in the evening.

Everyone seemed to have a nice time and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Always a plus! H was overwhelmed by the attention and generosity of our family and friends.

~peace~

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lisa, it sounds absolutely beautiful. You certainly put a lot of effort into H's party and I am sure that your guests had a wonderful time. I particularly like the idea of sitting on hay bales for sitting on, what a lovely touch.

I am glad that H had a great time and it seems to me that you gave him a party that he will remember for a long time.

Reactions: teachermomof2

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lisa, I love the pictures. You're so talented! I know Hunter had a great time and was very thankful for all you did for him.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Looks amazing! I guess that our invites are lost in the mail?
Food sounds delicious!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks ladies!

Tanya...you didn't get your invite?;) o_O I wish we were all closer together to share in these life moments.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lisa - that looks like a wonderful party! 50 is alot of people to care for. Was the lunch catered? I know you had some prices but don't know if you finally got it catered. Hope so with that long list of food! yikes!
It looks like a great time and great souvenirs for everyone involved.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I purchased the pulled pork and chicken from caterers. A bakery made the cake. The pasta and potato salad I made myself. I provided the watermelon too. The broccoli salad and beans were made by the grandmas. Friends brought the desserts.