halloween 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ I love this!! that Charlie Brown is too cute... hummmm... maybe I should be thinking of Lucy for me since it's my work Avatar too! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here is another idea I saved for Lucy!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've still not learned this new forum format...bad me!! But is there a way to attach a pdf file for people to download. I just found a Martha Stewart Halloween planner in my documents and thought I'd share. If not, I guess I can just email it to anyone interested. Not sure how valuable it will be, but thought I'd share it rather then having it sit unused on my drive.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
We always do Halloween with the kids' grandparents....it's the one night of the year they'll stay over, so the kids really look forward to it. This year they're going on vacation, and the kids are disappointed they won't be here, so while I'm not usually much of a Halloween planner, I feel like I need to get some ideas to make it extra fun and special this year.

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
I wish the UK celebrated holidays as much as our American and Candian counterparts did. I love all the dressing up, decorations and festivities but Id be looked at like a mad woman if I did that here but I love it!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
This is what I am planning for us this year!

DS is going to be Charlie Brown, DH will be Linus and I'm thinking Peppermint Patty sounds like fun for me! We're going to a trunk or treat party the weekend before Halloween and I'm going to do a pumpkin patch theme for our vehicle with a sign that says "Welcome, Great Pumpkin!"

I love it! Group costumes are so much fun. My sister and her husband and two other couples all dressed head to toe in green one year. They were gang-green (get it? gangrene!)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
trying to decide what i want to dress for my halloween party this year

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My kids are still trying to decide what to be. I ordered them costumes online in a size small, but they came as a 2-3, which is a toddler size. It wasn't worth the price of return shipping to return them. Seems hardly any kids do homemade costumes like when I was a kid...they're all store-bought perfect costumes. No more wearing your housecoat to be a Jedi. lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So DH told me last night that he really does NOT want to do the Peanuts group costume thing :(

DS is still set on being Charlie Brown. We were at Walmart list night and I had a yellow polo shirt in the cart that I was going to use to make his shirt - got to the checkout only to realize no tag. So skipped that! UGH! Will have to try again.

I also am rethinking what I will do to decorate our car for the trunk or treat. The party hosts ask that you do decorate, not just hand out candy, and I totally get that. They also ask that you are in costume so I will still have to figure out something for me. I might still do the Peppermint Patty thing, not sure.

I'm halfway tempted to just let the party hosts know that we are opting out of the trunk or treat part of it. They have limited spots so I could just let someone else have ours. With everything going on in October (big camping trip the very next weekend) I am probably biting off more than I can chew.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Going to Costco's tomorrow night .. hoping the Halloween candy is out!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The costume ideas on here are crazy good. I am pretty sure that if we did Halloween here that my DH would always be the sticking point when it came to choosing costumes.
Love the Wonder Woman.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
With sale and coupon I got 6 Nestle Crunch candy bars for $0.25 each at Meijer - will hide those from myself pronto.

Okay, OKAY, I already ate half of one. But I realized it was broken inside the package - I can't hand out defective goods to the kids! What kind of person would I be? ???

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
AJ- Lol that would be my thought process too! Or maybe the child would think that the apple they got broke the candy bar. How many do you usually get at your door?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought a box of 120 Nestle chocolate bars at costco. Now I need 2 or 3 more kinds of candies to make some bags

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ you did not eat the chocolate bar, you saved a child from disappointment!!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
LOL - thanks for making me feel better guys! :)

We do not get ANY kids at our door. We go camping every year the weekend before Halloween and the campground goes ALL out with people decorating their campsites and there are hundreds of kids that go around on Saturday late afternoon between all the sites.

We are also going to a trunk or treat party the weekend before that this year so will need candy for that as well!