Wrapping Parties 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Nope- Too hard for me on a weekend. And Im behind with my other prep -mostly HHP with a bit of HGP mixed in. I have the stuff to wrap and the fixings to wrap it with but I decided that I want/ need to catch up in the house stuff first before I wrap. So Im out for today but have scheduled some time to do it next Wednesday when Luke is at school.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got several things wrapped - including items for DS while we was distracted with his Wii game - lol

Still have a bunch of smaller items, stocking stuffers, etc. to finish wrapping. Hoping to start ordering additional gifts soon! And to finish crafting gifts of course!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be doing all my stocking fillers on October 4th. I will go to my mums, we will put on some music and wrap, wrap, wrap. Then we will have a good idea of what else we might need to buy.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When I was out yesterday I saw that one of the discount stores had wrapping paper out on display. Just in time for our next wrap party.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, did you get to wrap things on the 4th?

I've picked up so stocking stuffers at one store but they didn't have enough of the items. I will have to check out another store. I can't make the October date so I'll either wrap Oct. 12th or Oct. 16th.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I still have some stocking stuffers to wrap up and a handful of other things. Hoping this next wrapping party will let me knock those out. Then I need to get crafting to finish the rest of them! And shopping!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I wrapped a total of 8 stockings. I did not wrap hers and she did not wrap mine. I will try and get hers done very soon. The beauty of wrapping so early is it is easy to tell what more I need. DD and DS stockings are done, DH needs a few more things. I am pretty sure that my mums will be OK too.
As always much easier to buy for the girls then the boys.
I will make a list of some ideas for next year and write it in the new planner real soon.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I missed the wrapping party yesterday, but I have a few things to wrap tonight when I get home from work. It works out perfect for me because DH and DD will be at softball practice and dinner was put in the crockpot this morning. I am actually looking forward to coming home, putting on some Christmas music, making a nice cup of PSL, and wrapping gifts.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I missed the wrapping party yesterday, but I have a few things to wrap tonight when I get home from work. It works out perfect for me because DH and DD will be at softball practice and dinner was put in the crockpot this morning. I am actually looking forward to coming home, putting on some Christmas music, making a nice cup of PSL, and wrapping gifts.

Now that sounds wonderful!

I got to wrapping the stocking stuffers that I picked up so far. I had just a short time to myself so I was a woman on a mission. :eek: It sure feels good to have some wrapping done.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I missed the party Sunday, but I'm going to do some wrapping tomorrow. I'm working to have my daughters advent done by early November so i can take it with me in person over Thanksgiving and avoid shipping. I don't have many other gifts bought yet, so I'm focusing on what I do have.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oct 30th - wrapped the kids stockings (missing 2 things each) and mom's gifts for her stocking. Have never been so in advance for the wrapping!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Way to go, Lucie!!! And everyone else that has gotten a head start on wrapping - every bit helps!!! I need to find time to wrap some more - maybe next week! :eek:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm not able to do any wrapping on Friday so instead I wrapped up 20 gifts for teachers, bus drivers, and other service people on Tuesday. I finally decided to simplify my shopping for them and it's made a huge difference for me. This is the earliest that I've ever finished wrapping their gifts!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I'm not able to do any wrapping on Friday so instead I wrapped up 20 gifts for teachers, bus drivers, and other service people on Tuesday. I finally decided to simplify my shopping for them and it's made a huge difference for me. This is the earliest that I've ever finished wrapping their gifts!
What did you do to simplify?