November 2017 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Rudolph Day is coming on Saturday! This month's movie is Arthur Christmas selected by our hostess Katrina, sweetpumkinpye. Stop by over the weekend and let us know how you spent your Rudolph Day. Our tree will go up on Thursday afternoon so I'll be busy figuring out which ornaments will adorn it. We decided on the big tree (we'll put it in storage when we go to Okinawa, but will buy one the same size when we get there) so the ornaments that go up this year will go with us. It will take a couple of days to get it all decorated so that will be my primary Rudolph Day activity.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
The family watched it last night - everyone loved it. I slept through the whole thing - soooo tired. I will watch it tomorrow.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have a few more ornaments to put onto the tree and then planning on more inside decorating. That will be my Rudy Day!
Wrapped the first presents of the season this a.m. and they were picked up. Allen did about half too.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got some decorating done today. Tree is up and decorate but I think it needs some ribbion. Can't decide which kind to use so will ask DH in the morning. I was reading about how to string the lights on pinterest some one said they add clear light along with the colored light so I tried it and it gave the tree a much fuller look. The clear lights seemed to fill in the blanks. I put out some other things and have more to do. Goal is to have decor done before Friday and the wrapping too!
A little bit of shopping left and I will be set.
Tomorrow DH and I will do some shopping - just a couple of gifts.

Good night.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My plans are to do a little decorating today, sort through what I have to see what I need in gifts (know what I got yesterday, but need to pull out what I already have), put away the Thanksgiving stuff, and get the wreaths hung on the windows outside. I bought big Christmas balls for the garland around the door. I need to try and replace some that were cracked by the wind last year. Not sure that will get done today.

Happy Rudy Day, everyone.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I want to finish up the ornaments on my white tree and then go pick up lights for the main tree so it can get decorated today. I would also like to get the rest of the inside of the house started and possibly start work on the outside but that will depend on the rain, it's been raining all morning so far.