Easter 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we have easter in the stockroom will be putting out on the floor next week

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
What store do you work at?

I've been thinking a little bit about Easter but it's about time to plan any crafts I want to have done for decor this year! I know I want to do a speckled egg wreath and I did buy the wreath base. I'm going to paint some of those fake eggs that Walmart sells for dying...used to have a ton but DS has appropriated them all at this point. lol

I also know I want to make a lemon flavored cheesecake for taking to Easter dinner this year. And I always make my Herb Cheese Crescents. Will probably do Deviled Eggs again. But I do want to come up with some sort of showstopper appetizer to take this year!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been thinking about Easter too. I picked up 3 boxes of hot chocolate mix last week and I will put one box each in DH, DS and DD bags. I have some DVDs on layby and they will go in also. Need to think of what else. Definitely a chocolate bunny or eggs. It is Autumn here and starting to cool down.
For my mum I will get "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack.

Dinner will be a roast beef or Chicken with loads of roasted veggies and gravy and for dessert maybe a chocolate pudding or a macaroon pie. Still need to decide.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
What store do you work at?
i work at cracker barrel
I've been thinking a little bit about Easter but it's about time to plan any crafts I want to have done for decor this year! I know I want to do a speckled egg wreath and I did buy the wreath base. I'm going to paint some of those fake eggs that Walmart sells for dying...used to have a ton but DS has appropriated them all at this point. lol

I also know I want to make a lemon flavored cheesecake for taking to Easter dinner this year. And I always make my Herb Cheese Crescents. Will probably do Deviled Eggs again. But I do want to come up with some sort of showstopper appetizer to take this year!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I just love the Cracker Barrel store! Wish we had one closer!!!

I've been turning my thoughts to Easter 2018 in recent days - now that DS's birthday is over! I have a few things planned or that I've been brainstorming:

- Speckled Egg Spring Wreath project...I'm not EXACTLY sure what I'm doing yet. Just have a couple of inspiration pictures I'm starting with. Probably going to use a grapevine form but maybe not. I'm going to get a few dozen of the fake "eggs" from Walmart that they have with their egg dyeing kits every year. I'll use paints on them and then "speckle" them with black or brown. Then I'll use them and some flowers/greenery to assemble the wreath. Easy, right? :D

Here are my inspiration pics:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734197572034/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734197027738/

- Other Easter Decor...I have two bunches of fabric carrots I made a couple of years ago that I hang on our French doors. But they just don't look right to me really...kind of forlorn. I'm considering doing something like this:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734186474851/

- DS's Easter Basket...I'm thinking about getting some new Skylander figures for his basket and maybe a new video game for a new handheld system he got for Christmas. Definitely don't want to do a lot of candy - we didn't last year and it was nice. We just don't eat it - DS eats some but not much so a little is all that is needed. I'd like to get some more "Branches" chapter books for his basket too. He really loves the ones I got for Christmas - makes me so happy!

- Easter menu...we don't host so I just have to be in charge of my contributions. I always bring my Herb Cream Cheese Crescents - and it looks like I may continue to be in charge of the Deviled Eggs. I always bring a cheesecake too but I've been trying a new flavor each time we visit for a holiday and next up is LEMON! I've got a Lemon Bar Cheesecake (copykat of Cheesecake Factory's) lined up that I'm going to give a shot!

Now I just have to settle on an appetizer to bring. I've done Artichoke Dip the last couple of times and I think it is due for a rest! It's tricky because we are going to be just about to sit down for a huge meal but we'll have the munchies waiting for things to finish! I did a cheese ball a few years ago that went over well so maybe that again. Or maybe something completely different...will be testing some recipes out I think.

I have a recipe for Lobster Canapes that I was considering for our Christmas party this year. Maybe I'll try that out on the Easter crowd (different group!). I just have to see what kind of options I have for purchasing either frozen or tinned lobster - not really wanting to cook one myself just for the meat!

Maybe a small batch of those plus a batch of Cucumber Bites...those are nice and light and "springy" and everyone loves them...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I vote for the Cucumber bites with added chipped Lobster or shrimp. Those cucumber bites have been added to my Easter notebook.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm picking up what you are laying down, Ahorsesoul!!! ;)

I made a double batch of Cucumber Bites for our Superbowl party and they were completely GONE by the end of the night!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My mother-in-law always made an Easter bunny cake, using 2 round single cake layers. Directions can be googled. Very cute and the little kids always loved it.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im not sure. Easter Sunday happens to be Luke's 13th Birthday.

We will do our usual seafood feast on the Friday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We go to my parents for Easter, the menu is pretty much the same year after year... mechoui with pork, homemade fries, gravy, deviled eggs, 2 or 3 salads, chocolate fountaine for dessert, bread rolls, veggies + dip.
I will be bringing some candy for a candy bar.
An appetizer would be a good idea to bring.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
As of right now my SIL is hosting Easter dinner. I am sure I will make and bring a side and a dessert. If we do go there then I will cook and Easter dinner the day before at home.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've started work on DS's Easter basket! Ordered several things from Amazon this morning and used Discover points - got a new XBox 360 game, 3 books and UP DVD and only paid $19 and some change!

Went to Target on my lunch and got several things in the One Spot section I can take out of the packages and put inside Easter eggs - little pullback cards, mini figures, puffy stickers, stretchy dinosaur figures and little light up squishy animals - enough to do 16 eggs plus the ones with stickers. I'll do some eggs with quarters and a few with dollar bills. Then some with candy to finish things off!

I also went to Kohls and used rewards and coupon to get a Minions toy (Gru on a motorbike) that he will like to go with his "collection" of Minions toys. He loves his collections, lol!

I have an Easter basket and green "grass" already so other than some candy I'm pretty set! Might look at getting him a game for his Nintendo DS that his uncle got him for Christmas since he only has the one game right now.

Fingers crossed my test run of the Lemon Bar Cheesecake for work potluck tomorrow turns out well! If so I'll plan on making it for Easter for sure! Still debating on the Lobster Canapes - might do them, might pick something else...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So as I was going upstairs yesterday to stash the things I bought for the Easter basket, it occurred to me that I bought a bunch of stuff at the after Easter sales last year. Sure enough, I have a good size bag FULL of stuff. Didn't even have time to do more than peek but I think we are set for Easter this year as far as DS is concerned - lol!

My next goal is to round up all the plastic Easter eggs - I know I have some in a tote or two, some new ones I bought in the aforementioned bag and some we borrowed from our family we visit on the holidays. Want to get them all in one place - a place I know! - so I can work on filling the eggs when it gets to be that time!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Easter baskets are nearly full. I have gotten both the kids and DH a DVD and got my mum a CD. Have bought hot chocolate mix and chocolate finger biscuits.
Still need to get an egg or chocolate bunny but have still got time for that. Will fill baskets in the next week or two and just check that I have enough for everyone.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i will have 4 baskets to make got to start picking up stuff for that

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Our Easter is pretty simple here- just Chocolate Eggs and Bunnies! And seafood plus usually a roast. Never done an Easter basket! Sshh Don't tell Luke! He does not miss what he has never had!

It is also his Birthday around this time every year and we also have our Sydney Show at Easter time so there are always lots of goodies around- just not an Easter Basket!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have to work on a wreath too. Brought extra so if it turns out cute can do a few more. Have about half the stuff to do it. It's rabbit head, Easter grass, eggs and a bow.