March 2018 Decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD moved out yesterday and her room is completely empty. She has left quite a lot of stuff that will need to go to the charity bin and also a lot to go in the garbage.
Next weekend I will move the bed in the spare room down to her old room and set that up for when she visits. The spare room will then need a great tidy up.
Now that things are starting to cool down I will start the great clean up and get the house prepped for Winter.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Quick run through the house.... 1 sweater, 1 pair sweatpants in my armoire are now in the donation bag. 4 glass bowls from the kitchen, decluttered some paper off the kitchen counter, gave ds's girlfriend a nice NEW flannel nightshirt I had gotten as a gift and don't wear because too hot - she was very happy!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, that looks like a good one to print out and pin on the fridge.
Interestingly I did clean out my hand bag yesterday and tossed a whole heap that was in there.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went around the house and got rid of:
DS's room:1 fish tank with rocks
DD's room: 1 summer dress (don't wear it because I feel I look sick in it)
Basement shelves: 1 wrapped gift (says for babies on it) which was never used when we have games and no babies anymore.
Basement LR: 1 audio cassette
My bedroom: 1 pair of earrings
Deep-cleaned kitchen pantry and got rid of LOTS in there (some in the garbage, some for mom and some for ds)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done Lucie!!

Reactions: luludou

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Currently purging my laundry room aka: food storage, garage, and everything in between room. We have no garage, so there is ALOT of stuff in there. I went under the stairs today, which is a very dirty job and pulled out some stuff I just don't ever use. There is more and I think now that I can walk in there, I'll probably go back and so some more. Maybe when my husband is not around...lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, lol, I often have to wait until DH is out to do some decluttering, nearly everything to him is precious.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS went through his room yesterday. A bag of clothes is now in the garage to be taken to the charity bins and a bag of rubbish is in the bin.

Reactions: luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Dropped off the clothes at Goodwill and also took 2 bags full of newspapers to my sister for the animal shelter. I also took back clothes to Wal-Mart that were laying around with price tags on yet but were summer clothes and they wouldn't fit her all summer so got back $32 and something and they aren't taking up space.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Doing OK inside the house. The garage will be the next problem as that is were we are dumping things!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
When I cleaned out dd's closet I got a belt to give away and one of her class coats that is all stained.
Today in doing the pantry, got rid of expired 'boost' bottles , and gave away some feminine hygiene stuff to ds's grilfriend (not using that kind anymore). Also giving away aluminium pans I save from costco's to mom.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Replaced DS old electric blanket with a new one. Also replaced his old pillows. Not really decluttering.
Winter prep in full swing here. Looking forward to doing a bit more over Easter.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Replaced DS old electric blanket with a new one. Also replaced his old pillows. Not really decluttering.
Winter prep in full swing here. Looking forward to doing a bit more over Easter.
Good to replace those electric blankets. I had a friend who's DD house burnt because of an old electric blanket who's cord was pinched between the bed and wall. I now replace them every 2 or 3 years.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I threw a bottle of old medicine out that expired in Feb.. Tylenol for Teigan. Also a bottle of old sunscreen. I cleaned out the linen cabinet in kids bath. Put Teigans bath playdoh, playsoaps and such all in one bag and got rid of the containers they were in. Found like maybe 30 to 40 pairs of pull up pants for training that were in back of the closet so Allen took to the neighbor. Their youngest will be 1 in August but she will eventually use them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DD25 has a pile of clothes from her room and also two litter boxes to go. And some pet bowls and old towels. I’ll take it all to the humane society thrift store.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 pair of brand new (wore them twice on carpet) red running shoes will be given to my niece next weekend when I see her.