christmas 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Also my main hobby.

I love going into December knowing that its all done- (unless you count the fresh food shop) or the gift that Luke is sure to request that is never available til December 20th! I find that the pressure is off to get things done and I just get to relax and enjoy. I do love going onto the city to the madness of the Christmas shopping crowds- knowing that if I see something I can pick it up but its not a necessity!

I also find that as I get older I just dont cope as well missing sleep as I used to.... now I can happily accept last minute invites, host a drop in BBQ, etc... without staying up all night to get wrapping etc... done. I can sit and chill watching a movie or going to a Christmas activity not thinking of all the things I need to get done at home.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Housewife, what a lovely dream.

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I love the planning part of Christmas too. Right now I'm singing I'm dreaming of a white kitchen...

A little back story - I just love how fresh the greens look against the white in the Christmas magazine photo shoots. So I took the plunge and painted the dining room furniture white in February after my husband surprised me with white dining room chairs for Christmas. The rest of the furniture was brown and from the 1950's. It just didn't fit in. I finished that a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm starting in with painting the kitchen cabinets white. They are original to the house. The wood was nice but we don't get much light in the kitchen. I hope this brightens it up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
HM that will be beautiful! I've been looking at 'scandinavian' christmases and houses and they have all the kitchens in white, so beautiful.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Life has been so hectic the last few years for various reasons I usually took a mental "Break" after St. Patricks Day, until July. Then it usually kicks into full gear for me. I have a few less responsibilities at the moment, but my daughter is getting married in June. So as much as I'd like to think I'll be doing some Christmas planning, I'll probably fall into that same time schedule again. BUT with that said I do plan on working on some homemade gifts and my cards. In fact now that I think about it, I'm working the election again in June so that might be a perfect time to do that. That's what I did last October, so why not get a head start.

I've been part of this forum for a LONG time now. One thing I can say is that the years I've planned ahead are the years I've enjoyed the most. It just makes SUCH A DIFFERENCE! And you are all part of that!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I agree, the planning is the best part. I always say my favourite day of the year is Christmas Eve....because on Christmas you know it's a whole year before it's Christmas again.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, I feel the same way, Christmas has been much better for me since I have been sharing it with all of you.

Frosty, I agree. The anticipation for me is always better than the event.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well for the past few days I have been printing out the planner printables from OC and I am planning on revamping my Christmas Notebook next weekend (24th/25th). Thought that would be a perfect time to enjoy a Christmas movie and work on my notebook. Once the new printables for the Christmas Countdown and House & holidays are out I will print them out and add those.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just been plodding along. Picking up things here and there for stockings etc. Whenever I think of a great idea I pop it in the planner. I have been thinking a lot about how this Christmas will be different because DD has moved out. Planning baking sessions, ingredient lists etc.
Just trying to get ahead so that when we get to December it is smooth sailing and I can sit and enjoy all my hard work.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Holiday_Mom, I love the white kitchens in the magazines. So pretty. I love them with the greenery and the lights, and a little dash of red here and there.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Yep white kitchen are fantastic! I say with just a hint of sarcasm. Just add to Dobermans into the mix and although they are low shedders they still drop hairs and rub against the cabinets! White also gets yellowish with the everyday use of a kitchen especially when cooking. Would I do it again? Yes but sometimes its nice to dream of a dark wood that does not show every single spot!

Just remember that the kitchens in magazines are often for show not use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This weekend marks 9 months until Christmas......it is beginning to get colder here so over the next few months my planning will hit high gear.
Eek, exciting.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
250 days till christmas i saw a hallmark prewiew today for christmas movies yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: luludou

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i just went to hallmark and got the ornament book for christmas cute ones this year

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Woo hoo! I always enjoy looking at their ornament book. Heard on radio the other day that we were exactly 8 months out from Christmas, made me smile!

Reactions: housewife2