Crafters Challenge March 11th-17th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WOW! Last week was a busy week for everybody doing some crafting.

DD, sorry about the table. You should of had the store come get it and get yours and bring it in! But I know you were anxious to see it.

I have crocheted a lot this week and I think the tulle is gone. Will have to check the bag. The ends all have to be sewed yet.

I did sew some items onto a co-workers husband police shirt where you put the radio mike, badge and such.

Keep on crafting!

What is your list for this week?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW Lana, another week goes by. I have the feeling that this year will go very quickly and I will have to get my skates on if I am to finish what I would like to get done.
More knitting for me this week, will try and get the blanket done by the end of April so that I can start on other projects. I do envy people who can work on a few things at once, sadly I am not one of them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
More knitting for me this week, will try and get the blanket done by the end of April so that I can start on other projects. I do envy people who can work on a few things at once, sadly I am not one of them.

Katrina ~ I always have several things going at once, but I have my crafting rather compartmentalized. I work in the studio (sewing, making cards) during the day time. I rarely go in there at night. In the evenings, I work on cross stitch or other types of lap/hand work. My knitting is usually done in the car and while away from home, unless it’s something I need to finish sooner, and I would then work on it in the evenings. Being retired with no children/grandchildren in the area gives me lots of time and flexibility, of course.

The saga of the sewing table goes on … I did get the drawers in the new drawer stack organized today, but the main sewing table is sitting in the middle of the living room awaiting casters. When we opened it up yesterday morning, we discovered it didn’t have the casters, so the manager of the store took a long drive to get the casters … got the wrong ones … now we have to wait till he can order the right ones on Monday and hopefully receive them on Tuesday. UGH! TFL

I have a couple of pressing sewing projects this week: chenille potholders for a friend, and Easter dresses for DGDs. Need some major Craftermath Control, including getting my sewing table set up first, though.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, what a nightmare. Hopefully the sewing table will be set up soon and you can get moving. I am feeling your frustration.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh DJ, what a HASSLE!!!! Hope it is all fixed soon! Sounds like your table will be worth it when all said and done!!!

I finished the Michigan Wolverines blanket that is DH's birthday present:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/40057466914/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/38957096830/in/dateposted-public/

I also started on a home decor craft project - covering styrofoam balls with sisal twine. You can see how I've started piling them in a basket in the pic below. Did one covered in yarn as well - started with gluing it then got frustrated after I was half done and just wrapped it like you would a ball of yarn! lol Planning to do one covered in moss as well!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/40057468184/in/dateposted-public/

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DJ - hope you get the sewing table up and running this week
AJ - beautiful blanket! and I love the balls... I have a craft-ziploc ready to make... one day... with all halloween fabric for 'charm balls'.

I crocheted a St-Patrick's top-hat yesterday for the fireplace mantel. I also finished the Charlie Brown felt ornaments. Today will be working on the socks.. if I find time!

IMG_0639 rsz.jpg IMG_0640 rsz.jpg

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie and AJ, that is some amazing work.
Lucie, that hat is so darn cute. AJ the blanket turned out well.

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finshed heels on both socks... now to do the feet, but that will be long-term while watching tv at night. Now I need to start on something else

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ and Lucie ~ Nice work, ladies!

There’s such a variety of inspirational crafts people on this thread are working on.

Here’s a link to some really cute bunny treat bags. I made these a couple years ago, and they turned out really cute.

I still don’t have my sewing table set up. I’m hoping the casters arrive today.

So, in the meantime, I did a little work on the potholders yesterday, just getting the squares cut out, and washed the fabric for the dresses I want to make for DGDs. Perhaps I can get those cut out soon. I will need to get the dress length measurements though. I attended a Sew Fun seminar, and did some knitting while watching the presentation. And did some CCS in the evenings. I’m close to finishing the first motif for an Easter card. I’m not sure I will have time to finish all the ones I wanted to do, though. We shall see.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Me again!

I did get the casters for the sewing table, but DH, in his infinite wisdom, decided to order different casters that wouldn't damage our laminate floors as easily ... so we are now waiting for those to arrive. They should be delivered this afternoon.

So I ended up setting up my sewing machine on my cutting table, but it was somewhat awkward; too low to sew standing and too low sitting. Nevertheless, I managed to sew the hem around a square of fabric for a new table scarf.

I got measurements of DGDs for their dresses, but am confused with their actual measurements compared to the pattern measurements. I'll make the two little ones size 2 which may be too big, but it's the smallest size on the pattern. That's fine, they can just grow into them. Iris' measurements are harder to decide on.

I did finish the first CCS motif for an Easter card and have started on a second. I would like to do three if it works out.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD, went to see if you posted a picture of the table and didn't see one.
Are you talking about the sewing table or the table scarf I made? I took pictures of the table scarf but haven't posted them yet.

The sewing table finally has casters and is set up in the studio; but the studio is a disaster. Talk about Craftermath Control issues! I need to make it presentable by Tuesday when we are having company. DSisIL will want to see it.

I've been spending more time outside working in the garden rather than crafting this week. The weather has been beautiful, and it's a little hard to craft with the studio in shambles!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Was looking for the table.

It is also hard to stay in when the weather starts breaking. Allen got onion sets yesterday (when it was 70 today is to be maybe 40 and rainy--very windy now) not sure when they will get out tho.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ That's too darn cute! Where's the little Leprechaun in his underwear?

Lana ~ Pictures of my sewing table are on my blog now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, the washing line is so cute, well done.