Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Three

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
How to display: Wood crates. Interesting topic, I don't think I've ever used wood crates in my Christmas decor.

Reactions: Cathymac2

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Me either. I am interested to see what y’all come up with.
Just a thought-I can see a Nativity scene with straw, the animals, etc in my head. Anyone ever do that?
I haven't but that would be a perfect use for a wood crate on its side.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I "built" a shelving unit with wooden crates that fits underneath our wall mounted television in our family room. That room decor lends to decorating with raw materials whereas the living room is more formal. I have used wooden crates that are upside down on a table to hold 2 gallon Mason Jar drink dispensers. I've used them in our family room as an extra end table for additional places to put a drink down while sitting. I have used the crates to hold our Christmas books but have switched it out with a basket I needed the crate.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I haven't used a wood crate for Christmas. I did use it to display photos at H's grad party. I've also seen them used as cookie displays....may be nice way to display cookies for a cookie exchange.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have seen some neat ideas I dont have anywhere to use them in my decorations

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I've never used a wooden crate either. I like the look but would be something to either buy or scrounge for. Then the issue where to store if not used for spring decorating etc.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The crates I have are old. I picked them up from mother in law, garage sale, or thrift store.The have a lot of character if you know what I mean.