Color Scheme for 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Well you know me. I have a whole bunch of color schemes brewing!
Front porch- black and white checked with red.
Kitchen- black and white checked and red and black checked. Silver is my metallic. White tree. Gray ticking fabric is my texture
Living room-Red, navy and turquoise. Silver is the metallic with burlap as my texture.
Master suite- cranberry, sage and blush to highlight my usual gray. Gold/rose gold is the metallic and velvet is the texture.
I almost hyperventilated talking about this. Sooo excited!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have been toying with the black/ white and red color scheme this year as well! Still haven’t decided.
I did that color scheme one year and loved it! I still have beautiful glass ornaments I bought from KMart...Martha Stewart.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I haven't decided for this year. I've always been a pretty much traditional color girl, but I bought some retro ornaments from Dillard's two years ago that are "peacock" colors. I usually use clear lights, but have the multi color ones, too. If I do go with that, I'll have to buy some larger ornaments and all the other stuff, too,to go with the retro ones because they are smallish and all my garland, ribbon, everything is traditional red, green, and white. I like to use silver...not much of a gold person.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I used to do different color schemes by room but I've gotten more red/green/metallics in recent years.

Once our lower level is finished again I have a large amount of copper/chocolate brown/gold ornaments that I'll use on the tree down there.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Great ideas! I'm usually a pretty traditional red, green, white girl but I hope there will be enough room in our new home for a couple of larger trees. I have the entire collection of American Girl ornaments from Hallmark that have been sitting in a box for umpteen years and I would love to have them all on a tree with burgundy and gold round ornaments. A Navy/nautical tree is another one - blue and gold round ornaments with all the ornaments we've collected related to the Navy. So, red, green white, burgundy, blue, and gold.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of my favourite colours over the last couple of years has been a lime green. It is a fun colour to use.
I would love to start a small collection for snowmen, I love them. I need one place to put them all though and am not sure where they would go.

Reactions: farmerswife

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We have two color sets of ornaments/ribbons that we use: red, green and gold or silver, light blue and white. Last year, I let the girls pick the color theme and then they decorated the tree from top to bottom. I think they used the red, green and gold combination. I'm not sure what they'll do this year.