HGP - Master Bathroom 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My master bath is a very tiny ensuite. I am also working on prepping windows for fall/winter and getting on track with creating maintenance days for each space as I work through the plan.

Making freezer meals for the Instant Pot, really am impressed with this piece of Kitchen wizardry!
Butter on sale so stocking up and freezing for all the Christmas baking to come.

Clothing is a major need for the men in my home this year - going through the dressers has been enlightening.
Making lists and checking them twice ;)

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Going to continue with the master bedroom this week although very little got done last week and not sure now much will get done this week. Have a feeling most of it will be waiting for me when I get back from my holiday.
Being that this is master bathroom week and I don’t have one I think I will add the full bathroom upstairs to this week and at least get it done. I did the shower walls, walls, tub and shower curtains end of August so they are done. It’s pretty well under the sink, light fixture and exhaust fan that needs to be done. No windows. An hour one evening this week will take care of it.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I clean most of the master bathroom on Sunday. Just need to give the toilet a good scrubbing. I had already decluttered under the bathroom sink so that things a bit easier.

I need to start crafting gifts. Would like to work on them 1 hour per day.... that may be too much. We shall see.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did not get more than a basic cleaning of Master Bath done yesterday. I did SO much this weekend and just did not have it in me to start a major project at 7PM last night :)

However, as this is a smaller room I "think" I can tackle it in pieces during the evenings. Only have to take DS to taekwondo one night this week - we'll do a Saturday class - so that will help.

Company coming over tonight though - old family friend of DH is in town. So tonight is out. Hoping to get something done tomorrow evening though!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Master Bath Tasks:

[ ] Dust ceiling/wall corners for cobwebs
[ ] Dust lights
[ ] Magic eraser walls as needed
[ ] Windex pictures
[ ] Scrub out shower walls/shelves/door frame
[ ] Clean window
[ ] Shine all faucets/fixtures
[ ] Clean shower drain
[ ] Detail outside of vanity
[X] Dust inset panels in door
[ ] Clean inside and outside of wastebasket
[ ] Wipe down baseboards
[ ] Clean tile flooring
[/] Empty/Clean/Reorg vanity cabinets and drawers - Made a small start at space under my side of vanity!
[X] Clean rug (done on previous week)

Holiday Prep Tasks:

[ ] Review budget
[ ] Make at least two freezer meals/cookie doughs
[ ] Buy at least 1 stocking stuffer
[ ] Craft

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I had cleaned out and organized the drawers in the master bathroom back in August. We are repainting the master bath later this week so once that is I will scrub the shower and steam mop the floors.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ i was going to write a list of what needed to be done in my bathroom and then I saw your list. Perfect.
My bathroom will be done Friday of this week and I am looking forward to getting it cleaned and bright.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Glad the list was helpful, Katrina!

I have not touched anything on it yet, unfortunately! :( Will have to be this weekend!

I have mixed up a big batch of Zesty Italian Dressing Mix - which will be divided up into half pint Mason jars and labeled and given as part of Italian theme gift baskets this year.

Also mixed up first of a few rounds of Copykat Carraba's Bread Dipping Mix - the kind you pour olive oil into. I need to pick up a flat of the small jelly jars to put these in. Then they will also go into Italian theme baskets.

I've been crafting on Christmas gifts too and have picked up several more items for freezer cooking and from long term master grocery list.

So not a total loss for HGP for the week - just not much cleaning!

Reactions: luludou

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Looking ahead to next week with is Kids Room I purchased a storage cute unit that will help to corral toy clutter. It is white and has spaces for twelve 11" fabric storage bins (I got 4 in red) and I'll just store toys directly on the shelves in the other cubes for now.

As I go through his room next week I can move the bulk of the toys upstairs to playroom where I'll setup the cubes. There are 4 or 5 white drawers that match the cubes already in his closet that I use for toy storage and I think I will move them upstairs so there is a whole set of storage along one wall. Excited!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
HGP'd the vanity, windexed the pictures and dusted the ceiling, corners and lights.

Will circle back to deep clean of shower another week!