Autumn 2018...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
What are you doing to embrace Fall this year?

Even though it's still hot out I mean?

Books you are reading? Magazines you are enjoying? Music you play in the Fall?

Have you put out some decor?

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finished putting up all the Fall themed decor this weekend. Mostly in the great room (kitchen/dining/living room) and I'm glad it is done!

I bought LED white lights this year and I'm hoping they'll help keep the electric bill down a bit!

Getting ready to get out my copy of Susan Branch's Autumn book - that is a must every year! It is still so HOT though! :( It is supposed to cool down this Thursday so I am looking forward to that for sure!

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We will not put up the decor until the end of the month. I pulled out my fall tarts and plan on picking u some more.

We have some fall activities penciled in towards the end of the month .. fall festival filled with food and craft vendors and a pumpkin carving contest at the fair grounds.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
The leaves are falling no it's 90 degrees here....very odd. Not quite ready for fall decorating. That will happen late this month.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I picked up some fall scented hand soap but I'm not ready to put it out quite yet. I did get the latest issue of County Living yesterday. I'll save that you look through on a cooler day. I still have some apple scented Method cleaner from last year. The nice smells help me enjoy the cleaning more. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Now that it has been cool out for four straight days, it really feels like autumn here. Inside and outside is decorated. Fall issues of decorating magazines are waiting to be read as well as Halloween picture books. My fall scented candles and soaps make the house feel cozy. We are wearing sweaters and sweat shirts in the house. We are drinking tea to stay warm and pumpkin coffee to stay awake. This is what I've been looking forward to for the last few weeks.