Easter 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It's going to be here before we know it!!! I'm seeing Easter stuff on oh so many store shelves!

What is everyone planning for this year?

New crafts/home decor items you want to make or buy?

Easter cards to make? Will you be hosting a meal or going to join one? What are you going to make?

What are your Easter egg hunt plans if you do one? How are you filling your eggs?

And speaking of eggs, if anyone finds a magic wand to make peeling hard boiled eggs easier could they swirl it my way? LOL

How do you use up Easter leftovers? What Easter clearance items are you hoping to snag this year?

Good grief, did I ask enough questions? I think I'm kind of excited for spring. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Easter is a laid back holiday for us. I do need to get more things for the kids baskets. My oldest and I will make a cheese cake and my youngest will help me make a cool mint pie.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Easter baskets!!!! How could I forget the topic of Easter Baskets? I'm slipping! Thank you for the reminder!

Do you know what kind of cheesecake you'll make this year? Or is it always the same one?

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
AJ .. not sure what cheese cake we are making yet, last year we did a basic plain one that was good. I , going to let my daughter choose what kind we are making this year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
AJ, you asked great questions. I need to think about the answers. It's been been busy here on the homefront that I haven't given it any thought. I think I'll put that on my list to do for next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
For Easter this year DH and I will be away on holidays. I have started to think about what I will do in the kids Easter bags. I bought hot choc mix a while ago while it was on sale so I have that. I think I will just buy some chocolate biscuits and a few other things to top it up.
I have bought Easter cards and I will address those and post them from our holiday.
We will not be having a big dinner this year due to being away.

Last edited:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we have had easter out since the first of feb at work. we will have a family dinner i make baskets for my kids and grandson. kids are grown but they still like it. will decorate the day after st pattys day

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
It will be just the 2 of us for Easter so we will being having brunch at the Sheraton. The house is all decorated as much as I'm going to do this year.
It's a special day for us this year. We will be celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary. We were married on Easter Sunday. April 3 is our actual anniversary but we always celebrate twice. I'm still trying to figure out something special to munch on for Easter evening. I'm pretty sure I'll make cheese cake since that's what our wedding cake was.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone is out of the house today so I think it is a great opportunity to pull out the bags I use for Easter and fill them, I will then know if I need anything else or I am good.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Packed the Easter bags and for the most part are OK. If I manage to pick up something else in the next few weeks I will add. They just look like they could use something extra.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I still am not sure what we'll be doing for Easter. My in-laws usually host dinner on Saturday and then we go to the Easter Vigil. Last year my husband was asked to play at the Easter Sunday Mass. We went to dinner on Saturday and then we joined my husband at Mass on Easter Sunday. We are still waiting to hear from the family and music group what the plans are.

I will have to find the Easter Eggs, buy some candy and fill them. Dh loves to hide the eggs but we always miss a few and find them a month or two later. LOL!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will have to find the Easter Eggs, buy some candy and fill them. Dh loves to hide the eggs but we always miss a few and find them a month or two later. LOL!

LOL always a surprise when you find a long forgotten egg.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I need to get busy and get DGD Easter dress made along with some bag toppers. The grandsons will get a T-shirt or two and all will get a little candy. I would like to make a Easter banner to hang on the hallway mirror.

Will be doing a little baking-spring/Easter shape cookies and some kind of dessert.

We put out a few decorations close to the holiday and have a lay back Easter.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
New crafts/home decor items you want to make or buy?

I'd like to get a new garland for the fireplace. Michael's had some really neat ones on my last visit, but I was looking to purchase other items to decorate my three tier tray.

Easter cards to make? I don't send Easter cards.

Will you be hosting a meal or going to join one? I will be hosting Easter dinner.

What are you going to make? I will serve ham, kielbasa, cheesy hash brown potatoes, green bean casserole, pickled beets and eggs, and cream puffs and cookies for dessert.

What are your Easter egg hunt plans if you do one? I will have an egg hunt for the our kids, if they are still interested. How are you filling your eggs? i usually fill with jelly beans, small chocolates, change and cash.

Easter baskets.....I will fill a small basket for dn2, for Easter with books, bows and small age appropriate treats. The four older children got chocolate crosses from Hershey. I'll add a cute gift tag to each. Moms will get flowers, dads will get chocolates. My own kids will have their baskets with candies, a tee or two, some flair pens and personal things for M, and for H, as well.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We went shopping last night and got the candy for the Easter baskets .... Good lord when did candy get so expensive? Good thing we only buy candy like this twice a year (Easter and Halloween).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've started a crochet bunny garland this weekend, so will work on that. Need to go to dollarstore today and see if I can find something else that is cute.
We go to my parents' for Easter.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do have my decorations out. Two bunnies, a plate and two items on the wall. Have made no plans for Easter yet.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Randomness, but I've done a self reflecting Easter decorating therapy session with myself..lol I've really thought about why I don't go out of my way to decorate for Easter. Sometimes I have the excuse that it's too close to St. Patrick's Day and that's a must in our house, other times I think it's because I love winter so much and it means saying goodbye to winter, I also always had to work it most of my life and lastly I realized that maybe subliminally I don't because it was my ex's favorite holiday. NOW....that doesn't take away form the spiritual portion, I get that at church for sure, but just the pastel, easter bunny loving part of it. SOOOOOOOO I'm making myself pick up my Easter decorations this year and put some out. The stuff I have, I've literally had for 20 years, so maybe that's part of it as well. I need new stuff!! I'm rambling, but I will report back and let you know if I succeed or not. ;)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Really missing my Easter decorations especially now that I have the galvanized metal three-tier stand I picked up with my gift certificate at Pottery Barn but never mind, I'll be ready for next year. I'm trying to think of possible designs using the décor that I have. And my flags! I miss hanging out my holiday flags.