Marvellous March 24.03.2019-30.03.2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Here is my list for the week.
More Winter prep is the focus for me.

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*shave legs ( ) wash hair (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Monday (X) Wednesday (X)
*DrillDance training Monday (X) Wednesday (X)
*work meeting Tuesday evening (cancelled again! )
*grocery list Wednesday (X)
*groceries with Mum Thursday (X)
*Car for service Friday (X)
*make menu plan/use it up (X)
*be aware of water intake (X)
*keep on top of daily routine (X) slipping a bit need to concentrate in this
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book ( )
*update planner/gift closet (X)
*fill with Petrol (X)
*plan meals for DS while I am away (X)

****continue Winter prep****
.....finish Dining room.....

Wash floor ( )
Move furniture and vacuum ( )
Clean windows/sills ( )
Declutter hutch (X)
Clean rug ( )
Make the room warm and cozy...
Did not work on this at all this week.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
While you are working on your winter prep, Katrina, I'm going to work on the winter yard clean up and preparing for spring plantings these next few weeks.

Personal
  • Keep up with drinking water.
  • Keep up with exercise 5 days.
  • Keep up with vitamins.
  • Spend time reading.
  • Finish up research on Catherine.
Household
  • Weed Flower Beds. Done
  • Spread Preen in flower beds. Done
  • Pick up tree limbs in yard. Done
  • Plan Menu.
  • Shop for Groceries.Done
  • Clean Bathrooms.Done
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor.
  • Shred Paper Done
  • Digital Photo Decluttering - 15 mins. a day (I’ll be starting from 2019 and working back in time.)
  • FlyLady - Living Room: Clean out fireplace. Done Clean hearth. Done
  • Plan Lessons. Done
  • Write out Bills. Done
  • Read through loaned magazines. First batch is Done and returned. All have been read now.
  • Read Austen book.Done
  • Clean dresses - Done

I have some updates to share. On the personal front, I’ve just finished a 30 day exercise app I downloaded to my phone. I set up reminders to pop up on my phone so I wouldn’t forget. It was a great way to jump start the muscle building I wanted to do. I think I’m going to move to the next level for next thirty days. I’m still getting in the walks 4-5 days a week.

For the most part, the vitamin and water intake is consistent. However, I’m falling behind on my writing. Lots of family things have come up that have diverted my time away from writing. I don’t want to lose the momentum completely so I’m going to look for some kind of accountability. I’m hoping that will help me.

On the household front, I have finished decluttering the house! It took six months. It’s something I never consciously sought out to do. However, doing HHP and then setting a monthly decluttering goal starting in January has gotten me to this point. It’s an amazing feeling!

I’m going to keep on decluttering. I’m going to move onto a pet peeve of mine - my digital photo collection. I’m going to go through my photos and decide what to keep and what to delete. I know I have a ton of multiple copies of the same pose. I only need to keep the best one. I also know that I have a bunch of pictures of homework assignments that I took on my phone. (The idea was that I could read the assignment off the phone while away from home instead of bringing the book with me.) I’m going to start with 2019 and work my way back.

Now that we are officially done winter here, I can say that this has been one of the best winters I've had in forever. I didn't have the post Christmas blues like I have had in the past nor did I get cabin fever. Last year, I began to be more aware of feelings, attitudes, and patterns. I took note of them and then reflected on what worked and what didn't work. This year, I applied what I learned about myself and made adjustments accordingly. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great job with the decluttering Mary! I have the same problem with the digital photos that I need to clean up.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- That is fantastic on all fronts!!

We are somewhat back to a semi-normal routine this week, I say semi because the kids go back to school tomorrow and then have Tuesday off for a state holiday. :rolleyes: Doesn't seem worth it to go back tomorrow to me.

Appointments
[X] Chiropractor
[X] [X] Eli baseball practice
[X] DD rescheduled doctor appt
[X] Brigade Steering Meeting
[X] Meeting with SSC at DS's school
[X] Senior Spouses Coffee

Chores
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] Run Alice (I have programmed her to run every night at midnight)
[X] Laundry
[] Dust
[X] Water Plants on porch
[X] [ ] [ ] Wipe down bathrooms
[X] Menu Plan
[X] Grocery Shop

Schoolwork
[X] Task 1
[ ] Task 2

Other
[X] Call Ortho, again, about DD (talked to PCM and she put in another referral)
[X] Return library book
[X] Get new library book on Nook (next in series i'm reading)
[ ] Declutter and reorganize hutch in front room
[X] Find place for new coffee cups
[X] Purchase new dog food containers
[ ] Sew new patch on DD's vest/pocket on apron
[X] Mail DD's Stitch Fix items back

Health
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] At least 32oz of water each day
[X] Research cholesterol meds with less side effects

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I am so pleased to read all about what you have been accomplishing. It must be such a bonus to achieve goals whether they were intentionally set or not.
You certainly have been inspiring me over the last few months that we have been following these weekly goals. I have said before that sharing what needs to be done with all of you leads to a certain accountability but also just helps keep us on track.

I would be interested to know how you are going to approach the whole digital photo issue. Over the past few months I have cleared my ipad and phone, downloaded the photos to the computer and have printed quite a few off. I had way too many on my devices and had no physical photos so am glad that I have done this.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I started putting photos in a Google Drive to share with far away family, but they only allow so much storage before you have to start paying for it so it's not a long term storage solution. Storing photos on an external drive is a great option and putting them in a fireproof box (just in case), or thumbdrives. I used to store my digital photos on CD's but since disk drives are disappearing I haven't done anything with my digital photos except keep them labeled on my computer by year and month, so they are at least organized. I need to start putting them on an external something just in case of a crash because I would hate to lose them.

My problem is the hard copy photos. I have 4 photo boxes and over 20 photo albums, not to mention all the loose photos hanging around. What do you do with those? haha

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I would be interested to know how you are going to approach the whole digital photo issue. Over the past few months I have cleared my ipad and phone, downloaded the photos to the computer and have printed quite a few off. I had way too many on my devices and had no physical photos so am glad that I have done this.

I think for right now, I just want to go through and delete the duplicate photos that have people with their eyes closed, ones that are blurred, etc. When I was taking photos, I uploaded them all to the computer with the idea of going through and deleting the bad ones once I saw them on the computer. I may have done that a few times over the years but it's not like it's been a habit.

I haven't done anything with my digital photos except keep them labeled on my computer by year and month, so they are at least organized. I need to start putting them on an external something just in case of a crash because I would hate to lose them.

My problem is the hard copy photos. I have 4 photo boxes and over 20 photo albums, not to mention all the loose photos hanging around. What do you do with those? haha

Most of my folders are according to dates too. I have a few exceptions. I have one listed "Vacation Photos" which has just the group family shots of us through the years on vacation. I may do something like that with Christmas morning photos. I really am not sure if I'm going to try to reorganize digital photos and folders right now.

All of my photos are not backed up. I worry about that too. I have printed out a bunch of photos, labeled who is who and put them in photo albums. That was about 10 years ago though. I have "thought" about uploading photos to Snapfish or some other online photo store to make albums for my children. Could you group some of your photos by holidays and then display them at that time of year? Or maybe "Back to School" photos get grouped together and displayed at the start of the new school year?

I don't want to stray to far from my goal of decluttering the photos and make things more complicated than I need too. (I have done that in the past and then I never finish the task.) However, it does make sense to move or at least make digital copies of a photo and put it into a new folder for making individual prints and/or uploading to photo album book to be made at a later date. I will have to think on this some more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It has also been on my to do list for a while to sort through the photos and finally organise them. I have 3 large photo boxes, 1 for each of the kids and 1 that DH and I share. I have 2 huge photo albums from my overseas trips that I may be able to take out of the albums and put into boxes. Then there are 5-6 photo albums with various photos, DH car photos and my marching/DrillDance photos and then there is the family history photos and I have 2 albums of DH and my wedding.
I think I need to first figure out how I want them to be organised, for the time being I do want to keep the physical photos. Do I scan them and keep them on a storage device and then back them up or what????
Will speak to DH about what he thinks and then maybe start on this over the winter. I think it would take a few days to sort through them.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have scanned old photos on the computer and then uploaded the scanned image to Google Photos which is cloud storage.