What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just ordered Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery and the Reese Witherspoon books from the library. Need to order a few more books, I am running low.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapeña.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Master of his Fate (Book 1 of The Falconer Series) by Barbara Taylor Bradford

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I have just started reading 16 Lighthouse Road. I also just adore Debbie Macomber. The Library just called and The Christmas Cookie Club that I had on hold is in, so will need to get it this week-end.
I live in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove! She used to have a tea room and yarn shop here but sold the tea room and closed the yarn shop. She can be found at some special events around town when she's here (she and her husband split their time between Washington and somewhere else, can't remember, Arizona maybe? and they travel a lot). The tea room carries autographed copies of her books. I love her books too.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
The Story of the Great British Bake Off: A Celebration of a National Obsession by Anita Singh. Great read - it's all about how the show went from being something that the BBC wasn't sure they were interested in carrying to the obsession that it is worldwide today. Hilarious in parts, just like the show.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I today picked up Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery. Not my usual style of writing but am enjoying it.
Pamela, I adore Debbie Macomber and I think I have read every book of hers. I love that her books are easy to read and are "gentle".

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
"The Good Fight" by Danielle Steel. Not bad so far.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I'm still working my way through The Story of the Great British Bake Off but it's a hardback book slightly larger than will fit easily in my lunch bag so I'm also working on M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death. I loved the series on Acorn or Britbox; I know you should read the books first but it didn't work out that way!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks. Normally I like his books. this one I was not keen on.

Have picked up some pressure cooking books from the library so will be looking at those next.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M. C. Beaton - bought a set of 20 of Agatha's adventures - they are listed as Detective and Mystery Fiction. Very light and easy to read, perfect small paperback size to slip into my bag and read on the bus. They will be featuring heavily in my 19 in 19.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have been reading a whole lot of slow/pressure cooker recipe books trying to get some ideas for the multicooker that I have just bought.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just finished George RR Martin's Fire and Blood, an early history of the Targaryans.

Also reading Collapse by Jared Diamond about why societies fall apart.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am just finishing the Barefoot investor.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think i've read quite a few since the last time I posted in this thread but i'm currently reading Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Right now is Toys by James Patterson, read quite a few since I last posted here. I have a list on good reads that helps follow my reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.