2009 eLfCaPaDeS of Skeeter, Elvin and Trixie

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I just love reading about their adventures! Keep up the posting. :)

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Fantasic! Your pics are so cute! Did they enjoy Santa Buddies?

They do love the movie. We had a snow day at school, so I thought it would be something to entertain them through the day:)

When my husband got home last night he was all do you know there are candy dog bones all over the floor? LOL

DS7 was the first one awake at 6am, he loved how all the dogs were dressed up, and he didn't want them to get in trouble so he picked up all their bones and put them back in their bowl and asked if he could watch the movie, DD4 woke up just as it was ending so they watched it together again :)

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
eLfCaPaDeS Day 10-12

I'm loosing count which day I'm on :(

The day after Santa Buddies... Wednesday Night I guess that is! Our elves went on Strike because the kids were naughty and wouldn't clean their rooms or pickup their messes in the living room

They stayed on Strike for TWO whole days

Friday The elves went with us for our anual baking weekend at Great Grams. They were devistated when we got there and she did NOT have a single Christmas decoration up. They searched high and low for her Christmas tree, and finally decided there was too much stuff that they'd NEVER find a tree. Instead they brought up a little step ladder from the basement and did their best to decorate it to look just LIKE a tree!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
eLfCaPaDeS Day 13

SATURDAY Skeeter, Elvin and Trixie spent all day watching Grams and Zack play cards while mom, PD and L cut out cookies and baked them. They decided to try their hands at a game after everyone went to bed

Skeeter listening to Z's mp3 player while he kept score durring their card game

Elvin checking out the hand Skeeter just delt him

Trixie deciding what cards she should play while she enjoys a few cracker crumbs.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Day 14 of Skeeter, Trixie and Elvin's 2009 eLfCaPaDeS

12/13/09

Skeeter, Elvin & Trixie brought the kids new tooth brushes since they had a pretty high sugar intake with all the cookies and frosting they sampled, they wanted to make sure the kids teeth stay clean and bright :)

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Month of the Elf, Day 1

To kick off the month of the Elf, Trixie and Elvin got into Preston and Eliana's school supplies and art sets, Elvin did not want to use the Princess chair so he pushed it accross the room and stacked up a few of the supplies he found in PD's backpack to make himeself a chair. They left the kids a note telling them that The Big Guy, said that the next month was extra special for elves that scored excellent in the Magic Elf program, that they would get to count down the days until the 100th day before Christmas with their holiday family and since we have this HUGE new house the elves should be sure to help us get into celebration mode! they also told them that Skeeter is hiding and they should try to find him ;)

Trixie and Elvin also colored pictures for the kids!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
momiilu that is so magical! what a great idea to bring the elves in the new house to wait for the kids!

Question... how do you get pics to be posted in messages?

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Lucie,

I pulled the pictures from my facebook account, when the picture is big, if you right click on it and go down to properties, a little window pops up about the picture, there is a part that says "Address URL" it will start with http:// mine from the picture of both elves at the table looks like this http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._454442421788_694821788_6352722_4302830_n.jpg you want to highlight that WHOLE thing (it should end with .jpg), I click on it three times quickly and it highlights the whole area, you can either right click on it once its highlighted save select copy, or you can hit your ctrl and C keys at the same time to copy it, then paste it into your post, right before the http part you need to put this HTML code and at the end of the URL (just after the .jpg) then you put

That sounds like alot more work than it really is LOL!

you can also upload your images to photobucket or other photo hosting sites and they have the code already done for you :)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
This is just darling, and I love the stories you made up to go with the individual elves. I'll bet your kids have a blast with them! Makes me wish again, that I still had a little one or three at home!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Month of the Elf, Day 2

Today was the start of the Minnesota State Fair, The TV coverage on it was Crazy, apparently the Elves were a bit jealous of all the rides and thought they needed to go for a little ride tonight.

Please ignore my unfinished phrase on the wall behind them LOL I can't decide what color I want to do the word HOME in fancy writting... LOL

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Month of the Elf, Day 3 & 4

I managed to get my blog updated with Days 3 & 4 but not here.

So on Day 3 those silly elves saw that I had my big camera out for a photo shoot and decided to set it up to take a few self portraits using the timer, they couldn't find the tripod so they set it up on a princess chair and balanced it with a tiara ;)

and on Day 4 The Elves found out they were featured on http://rudolphday.com/ and decided to celebrate by having a little dance party using L's laugh and learn desk/keyboard, you can't see in the picture but Skeeter had a bunch of pins in his feet, the kids had spilled moms box of pins earlier and missed a few while cleaning them up with magnets and poor Skeeter got them in his foot.

The Elves left the kids a note that they would have to go up to the North Pole for a few days, but they would try to make it back by Wednesday when they go to the State Fair!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
A trip to the cabin :)

The kids and I took a trip up to our cabin for the holiday weekend, We were pretty busy all weekend, and the kids had no idea that the elves had came along, until our last day, we were walking back to the cabin from the dock, when my DD5 spotted the elves in the woods, playing on thier fort :) I LOVE the excitement beeming from their smiles!!

Last edited:

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Thanks Jack Frosty :) My kids REALLY love their elves, my oldest knows that I am fully behind them, but for some reason, me speaking to him through the elves seems to get through when "I" can't, if that makes sense, he is 12 and in that defiant stage of life LOL yesterday at bed time he said "Mom, won't Skeeter be impressed that I came right home from school, did ALL my homework and chores with out being asked" This has been SUCH a huge battle for him in the past!

Today I volunteered in my 2nd grader's class, his teacher pulled me aside to tell me that yesterday at sharing Preston told the class about his magic elf, and that when he is good the elf does things to make him laugh or have fun, and that Elvin asked him to read to him every night, so Preston has been reading ALOT more than before ;) His Teacher said she could see a HUGE improvement from last year (she was his 1st grade teacher too).

and Yesterday, my 5 year old started kindergarten... sniff sniff... She was scared to be at school alone and asked if Trixie could just stay in her backpack and if she got scared she could quick visit her for a kiss or two if she needed.

It's amazing to me, how something so... silly can truly bring SUCH MAGIC to our home =) I cannot express how much it has added to our family!