2009 eLfCaPaDeS of Skeeter, Elvin and Trixie

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
That is so nice momiilu! I love reading about your elf adventures.

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
just been re-reading these posts for elf mischief ideas for Elwyn my school elf. I've requested to join your facebook group. Elwyn has his own facebook account too but not much posted there yet.

Carol
South Australia

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Christmas Season!! Elfcapades!

About a month or more ago my middle son wrote Santa a letter and asked him if his Elf, Elvin could please come for his 8th birthday.

Today my sweet baby boy turned 8, and he was beyond excited to wake up and find Elvin WITH a present for him this morning!

And this picture pretty much shows how thrilled he was with the Lego Advent that Elvin brought him, he cannot wait for December 1st to hurry up and get here so that he can open the first one...

Can anyone tell me, should he open number 1 first or number 25? I can't remember how they work and their are no instructions. I thought you started on 25 so you would know how many more days left until Christmas, but then my husband thought you start on number 1? I suppose it doesn't make a HUGE difference? tho maybe it does?

Sadly after our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, the birthday boy was outside playing and I think he broke his foot kicking at ice :( Looks like I will be taking him to the doctor in the morning instead of heading out for black friday LOL

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
we were always told you open number 1 on dec 1st and its 1 a day until xmas eve - most advent calendars in uk only have 24.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ouch! that must hurt! hope he'll be ok.

Here you open the advent calendars starting by 1.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Elf Mischief at our house :) Official Day 1

This morning DD(5) saw a note hanging on the fridge, she started to yell, "The Elves... The Elves.., They are Here" she spun around searching and quickly called for her brother to hurry up and come read her the note. Those silly elves had crawled in our Christmas tree!

Elvin Jingles

Trixie Twinkles

Skeeter Jingle Peppermints

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Elf Mischief at our house :) Day 3

11/30/10

Tonight our Skeeter, Elvin and Trixie made the kids an advent calendar,

Elvin's little brother, Marley Jingles came along to help the kids count down to Christmas!

They left a note that since mom is such a night owl they didnt have alot of time to work on the advent calendar, but they would be adding a few more things to it over the next few days...

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Elf Mischief at our house :) Day 3-4

12/1/10

This morning the kids awoke to find their new advent calendar, DD(5) wanted to bring Trixie for show and tell today, and while they were all off to school, Elvin, Skeeter, and Marley worked a little more on the advent calendar.

Skeeter also gathered supplies for the kids to make little goodie bags for when they jingled their friends

Tonight the elves put the lights on our Christmas tree for us, They hitched up a wagon to DD's pet dog, and had her run in circles around the tree!

Last edited:

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
love the calendar, what types of thing are elves putting in it? (PM me if your kids may read on here as dont want to spoil it for them.)

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
I've managed to keep this site a secret from them so far ;)
Yesterday the elves brought a little package of Kissables, they are like mini hershey kisses with a hard candy coating.

Today they are sending them on a scavanger hunt, I am just finishing the clues as I only put the first one in the advent calendar which was to go find the Bible under the tree, next clue is to go to Luke 2 and read verses 1-20, next clue is the words to the song Come on and Ring Those Bells, and the kids have to go find Bells hidden around the house, after they find the bells bring them to Skeeter who has a note to open the sparkley red present under the tree (the little peoples nativity set)

Tomorrow they are getting a box of Charleston Chews Candy
4th- They are getting Candy Canes, I wrapped them with a note card and the meaning of a candy cane

5th- Christmas activity books, they came in groups of either 8 or 10 I think at walmart for $2

6th- little boxes of Christmas tatoos, they are tatoos of the elves pet animals they have at the north pole, penguins, polar bears, and huskies

7th- Marshmallow peeps friends

8th-Scavanger hunt that will end with them finding gingerbread houses to make(I always buy the kits at the end of the year, last year i picked them up for under $1 each, we never eat them anyways so I dont care if the candies are old)

9th-A wipe off table cloth to color, I picked this up on clearance a couple of years ago too

10th- Holiday colored M&M's with this nativity note card I printed off
http://mycomputerismycanvas.blogspot...printable.html

11th- plaster elf ornaments to paint

12th- Christmas pencils

13th-?

14th- Peppermint Hershey Kisses with a recipe from this awesome blog! http://mycomputerismycanvas.blogspot...printable.html

15th-?

16th-Painting activity books I picked up in the dollar bins at Michaels

17th-Sticker Gingerbread houses, not sure where I got them from, they've been in my Christmas totes for a few years

18th- A CD I burned of Christmas music (Amazon has free downloads of their veggietales Christmas CD right now)

19th-Packets of Hot Cocoa with a note to open a gift under the tree that has snowman mugs I bought at the thrift store this summer

20th-?

21st-?

22nd- Elf Ornaments I bought online that will have the kids names and year on them

23rd-?

24th-?

I still have to fill in all of the ? I want to do a movie in one, probably some mint candies, maybe some Gum, I only have 7 more days to fill in, which is alot better than I originally anticipated! I'm trying to make them go along with what I have planed for the elves to do the night before ;)

Last edited:

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thats really cool, may try and do something similar for next yr = gives mea yr to work on it and find bits etc.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for posting your pictures! I love looking at what everyone does with their elves. Great job with the advent calendar, it looks great!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Elf Mischief at our house :) a few days behind..

I can't recall which days were which LOL

The elves sent the kids on a scavenger hunt that included reading a story from the Bible

They ate up all of the kids left over halloween candy

They took a night off because there was an emergency in the mail room at the North pole and Santa had to call all of his elves in so they wouldn't get behind with all of the letters comming in this time of year.

Last night they were sliding down our railing

And just now they went around and painted everyones toe nails red and green LOLOL, I can't believe NOBODY woke up... including my husband (who will probably not be too happy when he wakes up with colored toe nails) DS12 stirred a bit, and said what is going on, I said go back to sleep the elves are painting your toe nails LOLOLOLOLOL he must not have been awake tho because he just said oh ok and fell back asleep.