2009 eLfCaPaDeS of Skeeter, Elvin and Trixie

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I keep forgetting the Halloween candy thing! I saved the candy so the elves can open it all and eat it all. My little one would be devastated if the elves ate all his Dum Dum pops. He only likes the blue ones. I think I'll let the elves eat the candy tonight and have a belly ache. They'll need tic tacs to make their tummies stop hurting.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
My kids put their winter hats in the sleeve of their coats. So last night Twinkle and Glitter replaced their hats with those elf hats from Wal Mart (the striped ones with the ears) and put a jingle bell in each finger of their gloves!

The other night they wrapped themselves up in the Buffalo Snow and fell asleep.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
My kids put their winter hats in the sleeve of their coats. So last night Twinkle and Glitter replaced their hats with those elf hats from Wal Mart (the striped ones with the ears) and put a jingle bell in each finger of their gloves!

The other night they wrapped themselves up in the Buffalo Snow and fell asleep.

LOVE IT!!! what a great idea!!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Elf Mischief at our house :)

12/7/10

Pics from the night the elves painted our toe nails, The kids thought it was HILARIOUS!!!

12/8/10
DS8 was complaining it was cold before bed, so the elves brought a little fire place (I snatched two of these singing cuties up at a garage sale this summer for a buck) They were roasting marshmallows when the kids woke up and found them

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
2010 Elf Mischief at our house :)

This afternoon, in the advent calendar there was a scavanger hunt for the kids to go find Gingerbread house kits. the first clue was to clear off the kitchen table, where they found the second clue to find the coldest place in the house where Trixie was hiding with the next clue

which told them to go to the first place they will look on Christmas morning and find mom's Christmas props (which are holiday boxes) each one had something in it, Skeeter was hiding in one with some candy canes and a red marker, another had a Key-Code and the other had a message written in code.

The kids worked together to break the code

Which told them to go look out in their snow fort outside..

Where they found Elvin and 3 gingerbread house kits!

and tonight the Elves made themselves some beds from a plastic shelf I had in a box in the garage

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Love the shelves! Did you buy them like that?

It is just a plastic shelf you put together, I added the wrapping paper to the "legs" , the arch on the "day bed" there are two of them that go on the top of the shelf, My mom used to use it in her bathroom for towels, when she moved I put it in a box thinking someday I'd find a use for it ;) I think you can buy similar ones at walmart, dollar general, family dollar ect.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
12/10/10

Last night the elves brought the kids a wipe off coloring mat

And in the afternoon they were playing on mom's backdrop stand.

12/11/10
The elves got out all of our baking stuff and told the kids to enjoy the blizzardy day with some baking

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
where did you get the wipe off mat from???

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I bought it at the end of the holiday season two years ago at Kmart,

ah ok. was going to ask if you could get me 1 if i paid costs and postage, never mind. will search ebay. x

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
another catch up post for 2010

Sorry I have not been around and posting, December has been nuts around our house!!

12/14/10
The elves made a Christmas tree from the milk cartons we'd collected to help DD5's Kindergarten class make ornaments out of for their parents

12/16/10
The elves were watching all the busy neighbors clean up after yet another blizzard

12/17/10
The elves took a ride on our ceiling fan in the living room

and Elvin had a bit of an upset tummy and had to use the toilet

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
12/19/10
The elves had a little snack of cookies that were waiting to be decorated!

12/20/10
Yesterday the elves brought the kids hot cocoa in the advent calendar and instructions to open a present under the tree that had Snowmen mugs in it for the kids.
Last night the elves had their own little Hot Cocoa party under the tree with their teeny tiny elf mugs!

12/21/10
The elves turned the kids' sasparilla into reindeer

12/22/10
I didn't get a picture :( but the elves brought the kids a new book, they were reading it under the Christmas tree! It was the Grinch, My kindergartner brought it to school with her, and my 2nd grader went to her class to read it for them yesterday, he was going to finish reading it for them today but my daughter was home sick, and he forgot to go get it from her teacher..

12/23/10
The elves left a note that they were super duper busy at the North Pole and would try to make it home before school let out, only Marley made it back, and he brought with him a new Christmas ornament with their names and the year on them.

12/24/10
The elves will be making the kids breakfast (snowmen donuts) that will kick off a MAJOR elf hunt, and end with each of us getting a new pair of pajamas! (pictures to come)

12/25/10
The elves will be leaving the kids Halmark's interactive pup, Jingle with his magic book and an interactive card! I can't WAIT for them to open it!! (pictures to come)

I hope that you all enjoy your Holiday weekend!!