2010 happenings

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

not been on here mmuch since the fun started, as middle son off school with croup, tonsilitis and problems with his asthma due to the other 2 things.

so far they have:

*arrived with advent calendars
*left giant choclate coins (size of drinking mugs),
*played on OH fruit machine with "foreign" chocolate coins,
*written cards to other elves,
*left the kids named bracelets,
*dressed up in fancy dress clothes,
*watched elf bowl the movie,
*left to get a supprise - and returned with rudolph and the 3rd elf and magic snow (the bloody stuff is everywhere even after cleaning. LOL!)
*1 went fishing in the tank
*1 has turned my toilet water green (smelly loo block in cistern)
*1 has frawn over my mirror with dry wipe markers
*they made profiles on the wii fit
*left little xmas chocolate bars
*made snow angles on patio table
*went on my laptop on facebook

photos are on their facebook pages and i have made an album on here

Last edited:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
My elf has a facebook page too! Have your elf send a friend request to Sprite Holliday.
(I haven't been on here as much as I should. I'm hoping to change that!)

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
will do - will send request from all 3, you may also get requests from other elves that are from uk site. x

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ours have:

- Arrived december 1st with chocolate advent calendars
- Brought dvd Miracle on 34th street
- Brought 2 Christmas (win a gift) lottery tickets

Since my kids are 17 & 19 it doesn't have to be an everyday occurance.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I love hearing what these little characters are up to!

Ours have brought
the chocolate calendars
our christmas tree and a Christmas bulb with chocolate in it for each of the boys
a dreidel(playing with it on DS10s bed)
clipboards
prep and landing paper characters
new pencils and silly bands(made snowflakes with them)
and last night they painted the boys' toenails with glitter nail polish(thank you Micki!)

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Our three have:

Arrived with letter from Santa
Found riding toys and hiding
Left a weaving loom
Left red/white construction paper strips to make a paper chain
Hid
Left Christmas Classics movie set
Left bags of popcorn to pop and string up for the birds
Hid again
They didn't do anything this morning.

I have a wooden advent calendar with doors so they leave a Hershey Kiss for each child in there every day.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
just got home from town to find a note saying "gone camping!" (thanks OH) BUT tonight i have got to go for a walk to the local field n trees (kids would recognise my garden) with their tent, campfire, elves n sleeping bags and camera!!! the things we do!!

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Elves left a personalized popcorn tin and the Charlie Brown movie.

I got one of those tins at Walmart filled with the three different popcorn flavors. I pulled off the sticky lable on the top and made my own on Microsoft word.

I drew an 8 inch circle, changed the border to a thick red one, added a text box to the circle, removed the border from the text box and wrote:

Mrs. Claus' Special Popcorn Mix

Cheese Cupid Corn
Buttery Blitzen Corn
Caramely Comet Corn

I printed and cut out the circle and used a glue stick to adhere it to the tin.

My kids LOVED it! So did DH, the kids won't share so I see another on in my future

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
So far our elves have...

12/1
arrived with lego advent calendar

12/2
Made themselves comfy (or more like us) with little socks on their feet that match the stuffed animals they hang out with (Mickey mouse, Curious George and the another had red M & M guy socks)

12/3
Put a 'magic' hat on our stuffed snowman to bring him to life like Frosty. Then played pool with him on the kids mini pool table. One of the elves was either attempting a trick shot because he was backwards... or maybe it was just too early in the morning :)

12/4
Left the kids a Letters to Santa container and a note saying they will bring Santa their christmas list.

12/5
They grafittied the bathroom mirror with Tinsel was here, HO HO HO and elf stick figure drawings. They used a sticky hand to climb up high. I had to confiscate the marker and told the elves I would give it back before they leave.

12/6
Found them with another marker and sticky hand. This time they were using the window as a scoreboard for their football game (Blitzens beat the Comets 14 to 7). I confiscated that marker and told them to NOT write on my windows or mirrors.

12/7
Even though they did listen to me about not writing on the mirrors or windows... they drew Mustaches on some family photos with yet another dry erase marker and got a good talking to.

12/8
They left me a sorry note and some chocolates in a green elfish looking bag (wine bottle bag).

12/9
Tonight they plan to get into ds16 cologne and spray way too much, then attempt to get rid of the yucky smell with some Christmassy air freshener.

l

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
My elves ( well the stand by ones ) arrived on wednesday in a sleigh pulled by very large reindeer . ( was very angry as elf magic elves have beeing sitting in the postoffice for a week... postman when i asked him said he has run out of his calling cards!!! not a happy elf!!!)
Anyway 8/12 they made choc cakes and left amess
9/12 brought christmas activity books and wrapped the kids table in christmas paper
tonight the proper elves will be arriving along witha train to go around the tree -- polar express style!!
Michelle

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
This morning our elves left a pinecone for each kid and two bottles of glitter, red and silver, to make pinecone ornaments.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hi elf friends. I have a question for you all. We are doing the elves and the boys are having a ball with it. Today they went to spend the weekend with their mom and the REALLY wanted to take the elves with them. DH and I chatted briefly and decided that it was not a good idea...of course they would not do anything when they were there because she is not going to keep it going and there was a high probability that they would be forgotten which means they would not get them back until they saw her again - the day after Christmas and then they would come home on January 2. I feel guilty about not letting them take them...what would you have done?

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Kim, I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't want to risk the boys wondering why the elves weren't doing anything. I am sure that they would understand that you just don't feel comfortable allowing it since you don't know if it is allright with Santa.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Hi elf friends. I have a question for you all. We are doing the elves and the boys are having a ball with it. Today they went to spend the weekend with their mom and the REALLY wanted to take the elves with them. DH and I chatted briefly and decided that it was not a good idea...of course they would not do anything when they were there because she is not going to keep it going and there was a high probability that they would be forgotten which means they would not get them back until they saw her again - the day after Christmas and then they would come home on January 2. I feel guilty about not letting them take them...what would you have done?

can you send an email from santa saying that he needed the elves back for a meeting etc? - make a report and print it, things like how many toys got broken and had to be re-made, the days elves had off sick, the problems - passport office ran out of ink, machines broke down, they ran out of ......(colour) paint etc. then maybe speak to mum and see if she would play along next year?

Last edited:

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
they played candyland game last night and the cat (real) decided to join in and was batting the pieces round the floor!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Kim- I would not have sent the elves either. If your DH's ex is anything like mine, you're lucky to get all the clothes back that you send just for the weekend. No way would I send something as important as the elves. Plus, like you said they wouldn't do anything over the weekend.

Michelle- I love the train idea. We used to have a train around our tree every Christmas until we had DD. She was a baby so it would be dangerous for her to crawl over and mess with it. Then we had Eli and he would definitely tear it apart. I may have the elves set it up down in the basement this year. That's a thought!

Our elves didn't do anything overnight. I was busy wrapping and completely forgot. I got up at 5 a.m. just to put the Hershey Kisses in the advent calendar. LOL

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
:( i have the most horrid children!

last night the elves swapped shoes n hats 4 elf 1s. the eldest said they looked like xmas bags, the middle 1 moaned he had to go school tomorrow with elf feet and they both complained they didnt have knitted 1s like the baby!

so i now dont what they think of elves etc. i thought they would find it funny. the bigger 1s shoes were proper elf/jester shoes from dressing up shop!