2010 happenings

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sorry Amy! It stinks when we put such hardwork into something and our kids easily crush it.

Per DS's request, I left the elves out some food last night. The got goldfish crackers. This morning I woke to find the crackers completely crushed all over the counter and the bird popcorn thrown everywhere too. They did each have a sugar cookie decorated with the first initial of each child's name.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
well despite not bein impressed with the shoes and hats my eldest 2 spent most of the day playing as elves!!!

anyway, last night they did a bungee jump from my stair banister and were found hanging by their ankles on elastic half way down the stairs. :) kids thought it really funny.

AND this afternoon they got hungry and made green pancakes - BUT made too much mix so have asked if we want to have it for tea! they are sat on worktop with forks in hand (with pancake on) and half a pancake on the plate covered in syrup and sprinkles! (yuk!)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Last night the elves got left some water. They turned it green and then threw Cheerios all over the stove.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Amy - Glad the kids came around and enjoyed the elf gear!

Jessica - Please tell me you were the one that crushed the gold fish and threw around the popcorn!

I've taken to hiding the elves at night and leaving little notes that say "see you soon". Why? Because they take them to their rooms and put them to bed in a different place every night and I can't always find them to set them up for morning! They were in hiding when the boys got home last night and 11 was disappointed that he could not see his elf but he's the worst one about putting it to sleep in his room.

This morning they delivered a box of Captain Crunch Christmas cereal and were sitting at the boys places at the kitchen table with some cereal in a bowl and a spoon in their hands with some cereal on the table and the box opened and turned sideways. They loved it...especially since we don't typically buy that sugary cereal!

Since our boys are 11 & 13, they are getting ready to hit puberty so very soon the elves are going to deliver a book all about that. DH thinks I'm nuts but I think it's a non-threatening way to give them some materials. Of course DH still talks to them but this is somewhere they can also go to look up a question about what is going on. It will be interesting to see their reaction. Maybe I'll set out DH's razor and a can of shaving cream and some deodarant as though the elves are experimenting with things in the book.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Well, the graffiti on the windows was a hit, but there was a flop too.

I wrapped everything in DS's backpack. (lunchbox, homework folder and library book)

He usually NEVER opens it, but his asked DH for a water bottle to take to gym, and when he went to put it in his bag, he saw there were three things wrapped in gift wrap. So he TOOK THEM OUT OF HIS BAG to open later on.

So, he ended up with no lunch to eat, his homework is late and his library book was overdue.

He didn't think it was so funny when he got home and opened the packages.

And neither did I :-(

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK

I wrapped everything in DS's backpack. (lunchbox, homework folder and library book)

He usually NEVER opens it, but his asked DH for a water bottle to take to gym, and when he went to put it in his bag, he saw there were three things wrapped in gift wrap. So he TOOK THEM OUT OF HIS BAG to open later on.

So, he ended up with no lunch to eat, his homework is late and his library book was overdue.

sorry i had to laugh when read this!

last night bertie and merry made their names and a xmas tree from lego - bertie was found upside down in the big box of lego! boys thought it was great.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
the elves didnt do much last night as i had rush baby to emergency docs - he got chest n ear infetion. so they made him a get well card.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008

oh dear! (although I did chuckle reading this...) perhaps the elves should send in an apology note to the librarian? :) and teacher? (of course if they don't have a sense of humour perhaps not :) )

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
the elves owe me big time......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

........ i have hurt and bruised all my arm doing tonights activity, i hope the kids appreciate it!

earlier today i helped them build a 4ft snowman in the front garden (couldnt do it in back as not cleaned up patio from dogs!) anyway, some nasty little sod decided to kick it in the head and the head came off and broke.......... the 5yr old was really upset as we had worked hard on it.

SO...........

..............the elves (me and OH), managed to get the body which is as wide as front door and half way up it in height, onto the sledge, through the house (30ft long hallway) and out the backdoor into the back garden! where the elves (i) then tried to re-make said snowmans head, apart from the snow now has frozen so wouldnt stick very well, it has a head of sorts. complete with hat and scarf from front!

the kids had to help me push the body back from down thw street as it was sooooo heavy/hard to move so i'm sure they wont question that the elves moved it by magic!!! it wasnt until i had sat back down with a cuppa that it dawned on me i should have taken a pic of them with it on sledge...... NOT bringing it back in to get 1! LOL!