2013 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Anyone thinking about their word for 2013?

The topic has been rolling around in my mind lately.

Annie

Last edited by a moderator:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Im not sure how well I am doing on this year but organize is one that piped up when I read the post

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been doing some thinking on this also.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I always do horrible with my words during the year. I really need to pick something for 2013 that I can adhere to and remember and do things to encourage growth in that area.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Yep. I've been thinking, too. I thought of one about 2 weeks ago that I should have written down, but I was in the car going somewhere, and now I can't remember it.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Jane - that happens to me ALL the time!!

I've been thinking about it too and have several in mind, just need to narrow it down.

Thanks for reminding me, Annie!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I have had a good run with my word this year. Good enough that I am thinking about keeping it or doing something very similar that can be tied to it for next year.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I was just thinking about this and I'm pretty sure my word for 2013 will be CREATE! I'm excited about defining it for myself!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Yay! We have our first word of 2013!!!

Great work, candysprinkles!

I'm thinking- not 100% sure yet- of a saying that incorporates a word:

Routines Makes life Serene.

I really want to get my routines down so life flows better and I feel more at peace.

Annie

Last edited:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
My word for 2012 (spirit) didn't go very well at all. I got really busy, and just about undid my 2011 word (balance), so I'll need to find something to incorporate both. Hmmm... Thinking caps on!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Routine is great for you Annie. I know you are really trying to get into them at home.

Kim-create is wonderful. I have told DH and SIL that I have NO time to be creative and it makes me sad. I guess I am at school and some of the new meals but not w/ my cards and things like I used to do

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm not sure....thinking: explore, create, celebrate...oh too many choices! lol

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Annie, I like your word. I used to be very routine and organized, but it seems too many unexpecteds pop up nowadays. I wonder if I created a routine, things would go more smoothly.

I need to make a list of words as they occur to me and really consider what I want to focus on next year.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
It is funny that you brought this up, Annie. I've been thinking about one for a month at least. Haven't decided for sure, but am leaning towards the word HOPE. Without it, I am nothing. And I haven't had it very much in recent years. So, haven't chosen for sure, but that's what I am thinking.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
A lot of good thoughts from everyone!

Jane- You can explore Routine with me if you would like!

I need Routines- At home, work. Like you said, Jane- I struggle when things pop up and- woosh- out the window- my routines go!

Annie

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Order - My goal is to create and maintain order in all aspects of my life.

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Ok... crazy question here.

I have been a member of this board for a few years now, but I've never understood the "words". Maybe I can participate, but I don't know what it's all about. I mean, I get that you pick a word that you want to aspire to.. but is there something else involved? Can someone explain for this blonde? HAHA

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Sloanmama-

What we aspire to is to guide our actions to match our word as we move through the year.

Some members will start a topic thread (here in Celebrate Me) about their word and tell how they are incorporating it into their lives.

When we first get started we check in a lot to see how we are doing with our word, as the year progresses, we check in with each other more sporadically.

It doesn't have to be just a word, either. Some do a phrase such as:
* Go with the Flow
* Embrace Change
* See the beauty in every day moments

Hope this helps.

Annie

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Ang - To add to what Annie said, the word choice and how you choose to use it during the year are completely up to you. For some it's a gentle reminder of something they want to do or is important to them. For others, it's more of a way of life - for example, Annie is thinking about using routine which means that she may want to find ways to bring more routine into her life to acheive results she wants to see. Another word choice like "Believe" might be a reminder to have faith if times get tough. Words are a personal thing and the beauty is you can use it any way you want!