2014 Words.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Woman, well done on choosing your word. It will be a great year.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think I have finally chosen my Word.

My Word for 2014 is Become. The definition I’m using is to undergo change or development, to come into existence. I want to Become more patient. I want to Become a better version of myself and undergo a change for the good, develop my thinking to be more positive and come to be more in the moments that matter. I want to Become more spontaneous and more fun-loving. I want to change the way I think about the past and worry about things I can't control.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
This is such a great thread, isn't it! This is all so inspirational for the new year at a time when we have to leave all the pretty, sparkly lights of Christmas behind. I've chosen my Word. And I can't get it out of my head, so I'm sure it is the right one.

I've been on a successful journey to a healthier me over the past year but old injuries are holding me back. Suddenly my bones and muscles are feeling my age (I too have "50" sneaking up on me). I need to repair my foundation and I think it will help my other goals fall into place. So I'm calling the doctor today about a much-stalled hip surgery, and I'm reworking my daily routine to include year-round work in the garden (we live on acreage) instead of just seasonal. We have lots of rocks to haul here!

My Word for 2014: Strong.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Cindy, I thought of strong being my word. Good luck with your hip surgery.

Jessica, I like how you're going to use become.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm loving everyone's words! I think our words fits each of us and what we are striving for in 2014 perfectly!

I'm working on more SPACE today- a whole day ahead with nothing on the agenda!!

Annie

SantasGirl

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Southeastern Ohio
My word for 2014 is going to be....LESS. I want less stress, less worry, less clutter & less responsibility. Just to name a few!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good luck with your journey SantasGirl

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Santa's Girl ~ I love LESS. Good one!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Doodlebug such a sweet posting. I am so sorry for your loss. I am just now realizing I never picked out a word....I was going to skip it this year as nothing really came to mind and then today I started thinking about it....and I think my word for 2014 will be

CELEBRATE

Since I will be retiring...it comes to mind but I can use it in lots of ways other than just that...celebrate life, celebrate a new stage of life, celebrate my friendships etc...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
A lot to Celebrate this year for you Ginger!

How exciting!

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Words

I went back to look at my old posts to see if I could make my list of "old" past words. I found I started in 2010. But can't find I posted one for 2012! LOL Probably forgot.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well January is certainly moving fast.
I am focusing on my word Complete. I am working on completing my to do list every week.
I am working on competing all on my to do last at work. Following through and making sure every job is complete.

Trying to be what I consider to be a complete wife, mother and homemaker.

How are we all going with our words?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm doing pretty well.

I definitely had more space in January than I did in December.

One thing I need to watch- is when people ask for volunteers, my hand immediately goes up. I need to sit back and let some others jump in there.

Case in point: A group I'm in at church was in charge of the kitchen for the month of January. I was there cleaning and serving 3 out of the 4 Sundays in January. Also, the potluck and get together last Saturday was put on by this group. Same people cleaning the kitchen were the same handful that helped with the get together. And this is a BIG group. What the?

If someone of us don't step up- maybe that will force others to?! Or they will see there are time slots open, so they will contribute.

I don't know.....

I just know while others were home all day last Saturday enjoying THEIR space, I was in the church kitchen and the very next morning, while they all left right after church- where was I- in the church kitchen!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie I agree. If you hold back a bit others may feel inclined to volunteer. I am usually one of the first to volunteer and I think others immediately think, great I do not need to help. By pulling back, they will need to step forward.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
February check in- How is everyone doing?!

This morning I was saying to myself: The Olympics have really made me stay home. AND I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!

Then I asked myself, "Why do you need the Olympics on to stay home?"

JUST STAY HOME, GIRL!

:)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Annie, I love Diedra's theory...all we have to do is say, "I'm sorry. I already have plans," even if all you plan to do is sit on the couch in your pajamas reading a book or take a nap or whatever you would rather be doing!

I am being tenacious about not drinking cokes or sweetened tea, just water or unsweet tea with no artificial sweetener added. DH and I are also not letting anything interfere with our going to the gym on a regular basis (4-6 times a week). I have also been staying on top of keeping the house a little cleaner. I do use my word to motivate myself to stay on track with all of those things, so my word is working for me. Let's hope it continues!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not as good as I want, but I'm tring too... got post-its all around my computer screen to make me think of things I can do while I'm at the office.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing ok so far. I have been able to complete most of my to do list, and I have been really looking at the house and finding things to alter to make it more comfy for us as a family.
I need to work on some areas of personal development, but I am getting there,