2014 Words.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Today is the first day of spring...sort of a time to turn over a new leaf (no pun intended!). So, I was wondering if any of you feel a time of re-evaluation in the spring when the season changes? Changing from those sluggish habits of winter and having more daylight, does it make you take a second look at your "WORD"? Almost 1/3 of your year is gone...

I must admit the van thing totally threw me off with my word tenacious. I feel off the wagon on several things, but I'm slowly getting my feet back under me. There are one or two things I haven't been as tenacious about as I was hoping to be - making more time to do things with DGSs and getting some of this weight off, but I plan to work more on both of those.

I had been pretty tenacious about going to the gym until DH and I both got the coughing crud, then the car was wrecked and had to shop for a new one. I have been tenacious about giving up all sweetened beverages, except sometimes juice in the mornings, but no soft drinks or sweet tea. To some of you, that may not be much, but I am a coca-cola-alholic! So for me to give them up is a BIG THING! I'm not doing artificial sweeteners, either, because I think they cause some major health issues, too.

How is your word going?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still working on my word... everyday. I made an excel spreadsheet of what I want to improve and put a check everytime I do something from it in a day... it is a good reminder.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My word is complete. Most of the time, I complete what I set out to do. Some times I make a complete mess of things. I certainly did not start out this year thinking that by March I would be in a completely new job and that things would be so shaken up.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
My word is complete. Most of the time, I complete what I set out to do. Some times I make a complete mess of things. I certainly did not start out this year thinking that by March I would be in a completely new job and that things would be so shaken up.

I like it. Keep us posted!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I think my word is going well.

I feel like I have had more space in my schedule.

I think shutting down for 2 weeks to enjoy the Olympics helped.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie, I think that you are doing well. Reading your posts in the past, and the ones more recently, I can see that you have pulled back on a lot of activities. You still have a very full plate, but not as exhausting. It is good yes, to cut back a little?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina,
Yes, it has been nicer.

One thing that has helped is the meeting I take minutes at church went from every month to every other month. And the meeting for May got cancelled! :)

It seems it is feast or famine- either I'm slammed out with tons of plans or nothing much at all.

Things are about to get a little more busy because Relay for Life is coming up. I have that down to a science now though. But it does require a couple of meetings.

Annie

Last edited:

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I know its' the end of March & I still haven't retrieved a word for 2014....
need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there has been soo many to hit my mind.....
recoup.focus.inspire. live life.
but I want to make this one stick. I want it to really mean something to me.......
but none of these make any sence.....

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
RENEW.......
THAT'S IT.......
I knew I had one in mind.
now I know I am losing it

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DawnSu, glad that you have picked a word. Good luck.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Checking on everyone's progress.

My schedule in general seems to have more "space" in it this year.

I was thinking about Relay week last year compared to this year. Last year seemed SO packed- I felt like I was crawling to get relay done for the year.
This year it wasn't like that. I actually had "space" in the week.

Last year was a lot of one time events- I moved, my niece had a baby, my uncle had a heart attack.

But also things I made such an effort to attend last year- two Saturday events 70 miles away- one Saturday after the other- I did not go to this year.

Now that summer is here, I will have even more space! So happy!

How is everyone else doing?

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks for the update Annie. I can tell you that from where I stand the year is going by too darn fast. Now that my holiday is "complete" it is time to look at my list and get moving. June will be gone before I know it. But I will not panic, and I will not get anxious about what I still need to complete. if it gets done, great, if not, the world will still turn.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Working on it... So far the exercise part I have not fallen off the wagon even though I'm gaining weight!!!! As for the rest... lots of work to do.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Neat! I thought about needing to check in on this just the other day.

About some things, I have been pretty tenacious. I have definitely been tenacious about keeping my house under better control.

I have not been tenacious about my diet, though, and I have really got to focus on that for the rest of the summer. I'm am eating healthier and making better choices in some area, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

I've already been thinking of a word for next year...crazy, huh?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Diedra, you're probably right, because from the look of things, that's exactly how my year is going to be. DD21 will be graduating from college in February 2015. DD17 will be graduating from high school in May and starting college in September (all in 2015).

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
As we are rounding the corner heading towards the holiday cleaning/prep plans- how is everyone feeling about their words?

I was thinking I need to get stuff going for the holidays so I can have the SPACE I so despretly need!

Last year I felt very pressured to get my guest room ready for my sister- RIGHT at Christmas. Don't want to do that this year. Need to start tackling things now so I can ENJOY holiday activities!

I do think, though, I have had more space this year than in previous years!

In a couple months (September) I'll start thinking of my 2015 word...

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have let go a few things I wanted to do but will try to get back on track... after vacations!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Despite being an up and down year, and it moving so quickly, I have managed fairly well to complete most of my goals. I have a little more time at home now due to change in working hours and that is good. I can complete more things off my list. In August I complete a short course that I have been attending.
Looking forward to the next few months.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm happy with the progress that I'm making with my word. I found that in order for me to create, I had to create space and time. I started to declutter in January. I do find myself being more creative. I'm making more time for me which I'm finally seeing is a good thing and not a selfish thing. :)